iPod question

Jibbajabba

So I have my iPod shuffle (I think it is a shuffle) which for multiple reasons, is one of the worst pieces of garbage I have ever bought. Recently I had to buy a new computer because my old one kicked the bucket. I loaded iTunes onto my new computer and had purchased some new music to put onto the ipod and I get a message saying I can't sync my ipod because it is already synced to the itunes on my old computer. If I re-sync it will erase all of my old music according to the warning. I can't do that because I won't be able to recover a significant portion of my old music. Apple really.... I need some help from some Apple users or anyone that has encountered this problem before. What is the best way to approach this other than throwing my ipod against the wall as hard as I can?

get a zune.

or in itunes, click on the store option in the menu bar and choose authorize computer. any music you purchased on itunes will be made available. any music that you didn't buy through itunes on your old computer needs to be moved from that old hard drive to the new one.

get a zune.

or in itunes, click on the store option in the menu bar and choose authorize computer. any music you purchased on itunes will be made available. any music that you didn't buy through itunes on your old computer needs to be moved from that old hard drive to the new one.

+1

I love my zune + subscription. I don't pirate music anymore too lazy...

There is a software that will let you backup the music from your ipod.

Most of my music is cd's that I ripped myself, but they have been damaged over time. I disabled syncing and just use itunes and manually copy the music over to it when I am in my ipod section. Works for me, I will be crippled if/when the ipod dies though..

So I have my iPod shuffle (I think it is a shuffle) which for multiple reasons, is one of the worst pieces of garbage I have ever bought. Recently I had to buy a new computer because my old one kicked the bucket. I loaded iTunes onto my new computer and had purchased some new music to put onto the ipod and I get a message saying I can't sync my ipod because it is already synced to the itunes on my old computer. If I re-sync it will erase all of my old music according to the warning. I can't do that because I won't be able to recover a significant portion of my old music. Apple really.... I need some help from some Apple users or anyone that has encountered this problem before. What is the best way to approach this other than throwing my ipod against the wall as hard as I can?

on the account everything you bought tranfer to a new account "your you account" and open itunes on the new computer with this account.

But always backup everthing... just incase

I did find a temporary fix, if you select manual control on the ipod you can override the sync option and actually select the songs and then move them individually onto the ipod. It sounds like I will have to get a thirdparty program though if I ever want to sync the ipod again without losing the songs already on it. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.