Home Brew

Demoner

I've thought about it when I had the time, but not the money. Now it's the other way around and I just want to drink it.

What kind of supplies are you talking about? A kettle, cheese cloth and a 5 gallon bucket?

I have in the past. It's been awhile since I've done it though. Midwest has some decent kits and supplies, it's a good place to start. I was more into making IPA's and this clone because they didn't sell it where I was living at the time.

I have in the past. It's been awhile since I've done it though. Midwest has some decent kits and supplies, it's a good place to start. I was more into making IPA's and this clone because they didn't sell it where I was living at the time.

yeah i thought i'd try a hefewiezen cause they are hard to find for one. when i was in germany last summer i fell in love with their hefewiezen beer so so good!

portland is the mecca of beer.

i love being so close.

you may live to "mecca" of beer but I think its pretty cool to be able to say I brew my own beer. Plus gives you a sense of pride!

• 2 months later...

awesome Demoner!

The wifey and I have been thinking about this for a long time as something we'd like to try someday.

Are you enjoying it? Worth it? Is it hard? Blow anything up yet? :)

I love it. It really isn't too expensive. Once you get your initial equipment which will run around 100 or less pending what is all included in your kit or what you find on your own. Its quite easy too, the hardest part for me is waiting for the beer to finish. LOL!! I'd recommend to quit thinking about it and just do it! You won't regret it. Buy a beginners book on how to brew and start brewing!