Typical Mac User Reviews Steam

anonymo

Maverick' date='17 May 2010 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1274117355' post='480940']

Hahaha...perhaps this will wake up a lot of Mac users (Steam being available) and show them that their machines aren't exactly gaming power-houses . . .

a bad port doesn't mean the hardware is bad. that's like saying the hitboxes in source is a windows problem.

ps, you're really going to try and make the argument that these aren't gaming power-houses?

:D

(edited)
Maverick' date='17 May 2010 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1274117355' post='480940']

Hahaha...perhaps this will wake up a lot of Mac users (Steam being available) and show them that their machines aren't exactly gaming power-houses . . .

a bad port doesn't mean the hardware is bad. that's like saying the hitboxes in source is a windows problem.

ps, you're really going to try and make the argument that these aren't gaming power-houses?

:D

Lies! All lies I tell you!! :D

Edit: Ignorance on my part, but I know Apple used to make their own hardware. Why'd they switch to Intel? Do they still offer Macs using their own hardware?

Edited by lousiest

the powerpc processors weren't built by apple/mac. ibm and motorola built those. i'm not entirely sure why they decided to move, but nobody in the apple community has been too upset about it ;)

" * NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 512MB of GDDR3 memory, PCI Express 2.0, one Mini DisplayPort, and one dual-link DVI port

* ATI Radeon HD 4870 with 512MB of GDDR5 memory, PCI Express 2.0, one Mini DisplayPort, and one dual-link DVI port"

Those aren't what I'd call gaming "powerhouse" video cards...lol...my laptop has a better vid card in it than that.

No, I was simply implying that Macs have great performance within their OS and optimized programs, even if they're a few years old. However, a few year old mac is somewhat weak in the video card department, which is probably why that guy got that message.

So what I was really saying is that he's simply not aware of video card improvements over the years.

here's a typical mac review of portal:

it'd played great on my macbook pro. gameplay wasn't interrupted with any windows updates, either.

Right, because you're competent :-)

Like I was trying to insinuate--the problem in the video was a clueless user with an old system :peace:

PS, game play has never been interrupted for me for windows updates....weirdo

Edited by [LaW]Maverick