New Vegas - Flitterkill Diary and Blitherings

Flitterkill

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have an option at some point when you get close to nelson...Boone says "we're getting close, I plan to kill on sight. Got a problem with that?" Or something to that effect. I beleive you can ask him to tone it down some at that point.

I set him to passive instead of aggressive. Havent had too many probs after that.

With Ed-E at my side, Nightkin were a joke at around 8-10th level (I forget). His bonus perk (sensor or whatever it is) puts them as red dots on the radar, AND you can sight them in VATS even if you cant see them. Couple shots to the nug with a cowboy repeater will do it mostly, and Boone's rifle is like shooting anvils at that level. Giant radscorp gotcha down? BOOM- Splat, and Boone says "Well, he WAS there a second ago. Huh."

Lvl 13 now. Still loving it.

Tabitha will take care of you Dum-Dums!

Edited by Laz.e.rus

GC Board Member

Oh to have 100 unarmed as I has a Pushy...

Also, love the unintentional game behavior at times. At the Mclaren NCR Base and ED-E does god know what to be seen as hostile. All of the NCR troops start whaling on him.

And then he goes down.

And the NCR folks mill about.

And then ED-E gets up again.

And it starts all over again :)

Had to get away from the tents before everyone calmed down.

Also, my tall punk mohawk is nowhere to be found when I have a space helmet on. :(

On-going prospecting adventures:

<BEGIN TRANSMISSION>

Visited Vault 11 today. Met moderate yet unimpressive resistance. My tricked out Q-35 plasma rifle (courtesy of RepCONN) dispatched my foes quickly and efficiently. I feel slightly disappointed, considering the level of resistance and loot I encountered in Vault 3 yesterday. My companion Veronica seems to have run off again to battle some unseen enemy four halls away. Haven't seen her in a while, and must press on assuming she has deserted. Biotch always comes running back to that trading post eventually anyway. With a little hacking and lock picking, I have managed to procure some pass keys to give me Overseer-level access to the facility. Discovered hidden path, think I'll chec--*static*

<END TRANSMISSION>

Pro-Tip: If you visit Vault 11, STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHT!!!

Boone was gone after I came back out of the Lucky 38. Think I missed the warning about the bug by about 3 hours. Could have went back to an earlier save, but I had enough of that with the gamesave bug.

The legion want to see me, they must want to come over and play! I'll check them out later, after leaving New Vegas I have 2700 quests in que...

GC Board Member

Lols and VooDooPC is already done. How I don't know as this game just keeps sprawling for me. I finish one thing and have a bajillion more to do afterwards.

Still haven't entered Vegas yet. Did circle around it. Upgraded radio codes for NCR, wrapped up Camp Golf, cleared one mine (Pushy!), Got all the bounties for the Vipers or whoever they were outside Vegas, and who knows what else (forgotten so many already).

No vaults (except for a brief entry into one), Repcon headquarters is still there waiting, the Boomers north east of Vegas, and on and on and on.

Lols and VooDooPC is already done. How I don't know as this game just keeps sprawling for me. I finish one thing and have a bajillion more to do afterwards.

Still haven't entered Vegas yet. Did circle around it. Upgraded radio codes for NCR, wrapped up Camp Golf, cleared one mine (Pushy!), Got all the bounties for the Vipers or whoever they were outside Vegas, and who knows what else (forgotten so many already).

No vaults (except for a brief entry into one), Repcon headquarters is still there waiting, the Boomers north east of Vegas, and on and on and on.

That's what I loved about Fallout 3, you don't even have to follow the main quest and it's still a great role playing game. I played F3 4 times (60+ hrs ea.), but only beat it twice. The last two times I didn't really bother with the main quest at all, just pretended I was a wastelander exploring the wastes.

Finished Cass's questand I was going to have her join me as a companion since Boone has gone missing. DENIED. She says I already have too many followers. :bang:

I successfully recruited her, but her "quest" that she had me following resulted in her going ape**** on the Crimson Caravan lady every time I tried to talk to her to take a job. When I tried to get her back in the fight, it royally P.O.'d the NCR, so I had to reload a previous save and tell her to go chill in my Presidential Suite. Man, she's got some anger management issues.

I've had Rex and Veronica disappear on me for several "in-game days", only to suddenly appear at my suite. That little bug can prevent you from recruiting a new partner, which can be a PITA. Once they show back up though you can recruit whoever you want.

Finished Cass's questand I was going to have her join me as a companion since Boone has gone missing. DENIED. She says I already have too many followers. :bang:

I successfully recruited her, but her "quest" that she had me following resulted in her going ape**** on the Crimson Caravan lady every time I tried to talk to her to take a job. When I tried to get her back in the fight, it royally P.O.'d the NCR, so I had to reload a previous save and tell her to go chill in my Presidential Suite. Man, she's got some anger management issues.

I've had Rex and Veronica disappear on me for several "in-game days", only to suddenly appear at my suite. That little bug can prevent you from recruiting a new partner, which can be a PITA. Once they show back up though you can recruit whoever you want.

Many several hours of game play later, out of the blue I received a message saying that Boone has returned to Novac. Wahoo!

I saw him and quicksaved before I talked too him. There's a number of speech checks, I did them in the wrong order or something and he ended up attacking me and totally owning me. I reloaded and did the speech checks in the right order and he went away.

That really big jerk was a MAJOR PITA to kill. I went through roughly 30 stimpaks and 500 microfusion rounds (Gauss Rifle) to kill him and his minions with those f*****g ballistic fists. It sucked big ones. I finished at level 28 with roughly 46 hours played. I am on another playthrough now focusing on conventional weapons and explosives instead of energy weapons. Level 16 I believe.

From a historical standpoint, I liked the setting of FO3 better. I like the weapon selection and subtle gameplay tweaks of NV better though.

Lvl 24, havent been to the strip yet.

Wow, just wow.

That really big jerk was a MAJOR PITA to kill. I went through roughly 30 stimpaks and 500 microfusion rounds (Gauss Rifle) to kill him and his minions with those f*****g ballistic fists. It sucked big ones. I finished at level 28 with roughly 46 hours played. I am on another playthrough now focusing on conventional weapons and explosives instead of energy weapons. Level 16 I believe.

From a historical standpoint, I liked the setting of FO3 better. I like the weapon selection and subtle gameplay tweaks of NV better though.

I ended up talking my way into fighting him without his minions. Then died several times. And then again. Finally I had a revelation, I took the Legions fist-o-pain back that I had given to Boone, and punched to guy's lights out.

I too think Fallout 3 had a better overall feel to it, New Vegas didn't suck me in quite like Fallout 3. I'll have to play again and this time not worry about the main quest. First mod I'm going to install before I play again is a better UI.

Now that I think about it, I never saw a single Eyebot...???

GC Board Member

Back on the wagon and yes - Level 24 and *not* been to the strip yet (hell, I haven't even entered Freeside yet or most of the vaults...)

Cass has her reasons to go ape poop at the Crimson Caravan lady and that's all I'll say about that...

There exists a place called Dead Wind Cavern. It is here I learned that stuff will follow you out of a section if you run away. Also. You shouldn't go in Dead Wind Cavern.