DynMap lives!

Flitterkill

DynMaps - live, real-time minecraft world map with player locations, movements, health, and chat text - all available in your modern browser of choice.

ALL BELOW LINKS WORK AS OF JANUARY 22ND, 2012

74.91.115.125:8123/

mcmap.gcftw.com

mcmap.gamerscoalition.com

http://gcminecraft.game.nfoservers.com:8123/

Chat *from* the web is currently borked. It is a IIS thing the developer may or may not get to.

Move your mouse cursor to the right edge of your browser to float in the map menu where you can chose top down or perspective views, the cave system, or the nether world. It will also list all players currently in-server. Clicking on them will center the map on their current location. The hover menu looks like this:

dynmapmenu.png

GC Board Member

This is torture... So now I can view the map at work and not play :'(

Far worse. You can view the map and watch others move around the map in realtime and see what they are saying as well.

So torture and taunting combined I'd say.

Taunture.

EDIT: The web-to-game chat is php based and seeing as the IIS server does not have php handlers installed that would seem to solve that problem. Fixed if/when/if I can/ install.

GC Board Member

Hi Def maps currently being rendered.

Also, coincidence or not, we may have run afoul of the TypeFrag access control list for the server (that is, no more web page access) - so the map is technically also down right now as well.

GC Board Member

Still down - pretty sure port 80 is access controlled now (they may have pushed out a new acl this afternoon and that would do it)

Here's a taste of the hi-def perspective look

hd.png

The flat map view in hi-def takes less than 10 minutes to render. We are coming up on hour two for the surface perspective view (the image above) rendering. May go hours longer. The cave system will take the most time to render. No lag on the server whatsoever though. Additionally, this can be tweaked as far as color, shading, and perhaps even a closer view. Only the initial full world render takes forever. Updates aren't bad at all.

GC Board Member

You always could, at least in the default install i have. You'll notice in the first post here I ask whether you want caves mapped or not.

Hover your mouse cursor on the right edge and the choices for maps appear.

In order they are:

GC - surface flat, surface perspective, cave

GC Nether - surface flat, surface perspective

GC Board Member

hdmap.png

I moved the location of the maps so we don't fill all the space on the primary server drive (you'd think I would have looked at the HD size before hand...)

Also, maps is living on a new ip # so give it a touch for DNS changes to mcmap. locations to propagate.

Render times were:

Surface takes 10 minutes

Surface Perspective takes 4+ hours

I killed the init render so caves and both nethers are empty or broke right now. At 2am I may push another full render. Renders didn't appear to affect anything lag-wise regardless.

Looks nice though :)

GC Board Member

hdmap2.png

You can zoom in two more times from that pic I posted earlier.

The next level is the above pic which is at the native render rez. One more zoom and it's just a touch blurry.

Looking into having the map default to the perspective view now.

EDIT: Until I roll another full render there are going to be a few glitchy bits - just outside of those castle gates is an example. I had to copy the render tiles over to the new location so there was about a 30 minute gap where updates may or may not have been applied to the tiles while the copy was in process.

GC Board Member

DNS has propagated for mcmap.gamerscoalition.com, still hasn't for gcftw, at least for me. Might be a browser cache issue.

69.25.22.8/dynmap/index.html# if you still have probs.

EDIT: Also if you have bookmarked the link previously obviously that will have the old IP attached. Gotta change that or re-bookmark. PHP is now installed so half way to having web-to-game chat enabled...

EDIT EDIT: Updated first post with an image of the float out menu.

GC Board Member

FYI the latest version has a slight bug. Anytime enters a new tile region (however the program defines it) DynMap will render it.

As you can see, those new areas all look checkerboard-like. Developers are aware of it; nothing I can do for now other than trigger another full render to clear it up.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
GC Board Member

San could/should be handling this. Whitelist is one thing but if I gotta start dealin in mods again I have to relearn this stuff, bleh.

Also time away from FragFest web reboot and since this morning saw IPB.Nexus (our storefront) hit 1.5 release our forums are now over-ripe for the next major upgrade from 3.2.3 to 3.3.3 so I have plenty on my GC plate already. That and Diablo 3 when I get a moment...

'>