More griefers

Peckles

So I just logged on, found 3 guys unknown guys running around: bluebluecar, killercripple, and deathsson. Didn't know them so I was watching them on dynmap. They appeared to be just flying around, and I saw they were around my stuff. Apparently I didn't lock all my chests, so they took some of my things (looks like just diamonds & iron, which I will refund shortly to the best of my recollection). They also blew the crap out of my castle. Now, I'm not sure if all 3 were griefers, but I banned bluebluecar and killercripple, didn't get to deathsson (I hesitated, as I thought I'd seen him before, but he was zooming around just like the other 2 so I probably should've just banned immediately. Anyway, I'm about to check for damages to other people's things, but keep an eye out for anything that looks amiss. I'll post any other damages I find. The only other places I saw them at on the dynmap were jeho's place and shift's place. Hopefully they didn't mess them up like my castle. Not that I care about my castle, because it was crap anyway.

But yeah, just a heads up.

You guys know there's a plugin to give only people you designate permission to build/destroy right? And then any admin can do it, so if u trust someone, give them the permission, otherwise just leave everyone that joins but doesn't know someone unable to build/destroy. We need this, or the server is worth crap in the end cuz you'll always be dealing with people like this.

I don't know why its taken so long to look into this.

Screw it, let's white-list it.

If they're getting the IP from here, they can post seeking permission to play. If they get it from GameTracker, well, it says gamerscoalition.com right in the server name. If they get it elsewhere, well, there's a good chance we don't know them and they could be a pain in the butt.

Screw it, let's white-list it.

If they're getting the IP from here, they can post seeking permission to play. If they get it from GameTracker, well, it says gamerscoalition.com right in the server name. If they get it elsewhere, well, there's a good chance we don't know them and they could be a pain in the butt.

^

(edited)

Ugh, that sucks. Why do people take joy from destroying other people's stuff?

I guarantee that had DF and my place been any closer to spawn that it also would have been vandalized. (of course i say this, and haven't been on yet to see if it was in fact affected)

If a white-list is the best way to keep this BS from happening, then I'm all for it. (at least for the 1.8 map, i've lost some interest in my creations on the current map since it's being replaced)

Edited by boiler