Plans for the server

JackieChan

GC Alumni

Just a condensed list of what I plan on doing to the buy plugin to remind myself of doing, amongst other things.

-Have instructor hints for the buy plugin √

-Filter out certain commands from ever appearing in chat (I'm aware of the option to do that in the core.cfg file) √

-Try to implement MovingTarget's idea √

-Fix the rotation plugin

-See if I can somehow implement Tank Limits again

-Write something so it kicks Chick everytime she kills something

-Make respawn detection better √ (checks if player is incapped or not)

-Make exp plugin more stable √

-Make sendpoints controlled by a cvar so it can be enabled/disabled by an admin so I don't have to get rid of it in the plugin completely √

-Fix Boomer achievement (apparently it doesn't award points) doesn't need it as it gives points

-Add round end stats

-Add timer to character models when they glow red for black and white or not. √

-Try to make it so whoever buys a Tank, they have control over it.

-Add random "fake" awards whenever you level up.

Will add more as I think of more to add.

Edited by JackieChan

Add a defib penalty (at least) for respawn survivor on dead corpse.

Agreed

Easier said than done. That would involve something I don't know how to do.

Something with m_iScore maybe? http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Left_4_Dead_Netprops

Re: Tank limit

Not too sure how steam assigns netprops but maybe you can check if it has a certain netproperty. Have we looked at m_zombieClass? I think so... Maybe there is a way to check a player's class object and compare it to DT_Tank.. Ie: GetEntityNetClass

Just a condensed list of what I plan on doing to the buy plugin to remind myself of doing, amongst other things.

Well the truth comes out doesn't it Jackie, all this time thinking we were friends and the truth comes out! That's it I'm leaving, Give me my backpack.

-Add timer to character models when they glow red for black and white or not.

That concerns me.... why would you need a timer? I can see you have some issues with hooking heal events, I suppose a timer is the best option but it seems like there should be something better.

Why is this striked out? We should also do this for tirtul... I guess chick never really shoots anything anyway

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Let me know if/when you need help

WUTTTT. LIke. If anything, could you put the tank in the spawn rotation instead(as in, click to spawn it. someone gets to choose). XDD Just saying. I've had rounds where i bought like 3 tanks. I generally always buy at least one, and i definitely don't want to use it after i just spent points buying it.(and have none left to heal) D; Though I know there are quite a few that would rather control it than watching it go to the same person that just failed with one.

@jackie as you mentioned there isn't an easy way to control who spawns as what... maybe you could do something with one of the class variables instead of doing the straight up spawn command. That could also help keep track of how many tanks we have?

yah if u have the buyer get his own tank, most of the time he will run out and die cause of a lack of points. also as for the tank limit, will it steal your points if you buy the 4th tank? because it then cant spawn...

How about a buy tank for a person, like i buy a tank for someone who understands to use the cars instead of the noob who just joined

Oh also i like how u filtered out the commands but you should keep the !sp one cuz i asked for 12 points last night and got like 60 cuz ppl just didnt know i had them yet

Edited by Badguy