Vegas

Demoner

I'm headed to Vegas at the end of the month for a friend's wedding. I am curious for those that have been for any advice you have to offer. Places to go/avoid, how much spending money I should bring. I'm gong to be there wed night leaving sunday. Anyways any advice would be appreciated.

(edited)

best hotels are the Stratosphere, Luxor and the Tropicana. Do not stay at the Treasure Island or Excalibur they are both run down and actually a little nasty. The revolving restaurant at the top of the Stratosphere is great but super expensive. The show at the Excalibur is fun and the food is good. As far as bachelor party stuff and gambling I'm not the guy to ask lol.

Edited by Preacher

I've been there about 8 times over my life span, MGM Grand and Caesars Palace are my favorites. The Bellagio has a beastly buffet as do other hotels but I can't named them at this moment. As for spending money, it can vary just because it is Vegas. Enjoy!

MGM Grand was nice but all the way at the end of the strip..

Cheap Breakfast there's a place called Ellis Island block away from the strip (GREAT FOOD for the price)

Spending Money is up to you.. are you a gambler?

If you like Strip Clubs - the Olympic Garden (i think?) if your average strip club is considered flag football this is at least 2 hand touch if not full contact.. and that's before paying for a dance.. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I've been there about 8 times over my life span, MGM Grand and Caesars Palace are my favorites. The Bellagio has a beastly buffet as do other hotels but I can't named them at this moment. As for spending money, it can vary just because it is Vegas. Enjoy!

Good to hear, I am staying at Ceasers Palace.

MGM Grand was nice but all the way at the end of the strip..

Cheap Breakfast there's a place called Ellis Island block away from the strip (GREAT FOOD for the price)

Spending Money is up to you.. are you a gambler?

If you like Strip Clubs - the Olympic Garden (i think?) if your average strip club is considered flag football this is at least 2 hand touch if not full contact.. and that's before paying for a dance.. lol

I am not a big gambler but I am planning on doing some. Probably 100/day for gambling is what I figure. I'll have to keep Olympic Garden in mind. The bachelor party was this past weekend in Chicago. I spent quite a bit on strippers there, I am not sure I am ready for Vegas and their strip clubs! lol

I am not a big gambler but I am planning on doing some. Probably 100/day for gambling is what I figure.

find a dollar amount that you're comfortable leaving in vegas, and then withdraw that in cash. if you lose it all and bust out early, move on and don't think back on it. if you go up, either keep playing and have fun, or walk away and go spend money at some of the other fine vegas establishments.

• Like 1

I am not a big gambler but I am planning on doing some. Probably 100/day for gambling is what I figure.
find a dollar amount that you're comfortable leaving in vegas, and then withdraw that in cash. if you lose it all and bust out early, move on and don't think back on it. if you go up, either keep playing and have fun, or walk away and go spend money at some of the other fine vegas establishments.

That's how I developed the 100/day rationial. I figure if I win that day sweet if not oh well done for the day. Try to keep my losses to a minimum hopefully.

Don't do what I did and eat In-n-Out 3 times a day, stay up playing blackjack until 6am then go to the gunstore hungover and show all your canadian friends just how much CS has taught you to shoot a deagle (not sure they were impressed or scared)

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Vegas is like another world after going there I feel. Now that's play a game what two things from The Hangover happened to the group of people I went here with?

Edited by Demoner