My Gun's Jammed!!!

Cinkadeus

Anyone else have an issue with the MP5 CS machinegun? The thing takes forever to reload and even after the reload animation, it takes another 2-3 seconds of sitting there until you can fire again. Between it and a dull butter knife I'm considering taking the butter knife.

Some guns just have a very long reload time even after the animation is finish. Mainly the grenade launcher and the scar combat gun. What makes it more frustrating is that you see the character finish loading the gun but switch to something else at the last second only to find you have to reload the gun again...because you never let the animation fully finish ><

If you want to be sure you've finished reloading, you need to watch the ammo count and wait for it to reset to a full clip amount. Yeah I think everyone has problems with the animations not being a reliable metric

(edited)

Gun's jammed? Eject the magazine, clear the chamber, and put the magazine back in and rooster the gun.

Depends on the gun. Semi-autos will often clear just by pulling the slide and ejecting the round. Pump shotties can clear by dropping the round out of the ejection port, but sometimes you have to strip them. Breach shotties, break the gun, drop the rounds and move away!

Those are the only ones I have any experience with.

After a bad mechanical jam, tho, you should probably empty the gun and leave it to a gunsmith to inspect the action. If you are getting misfired rounds, dump them or take them back to the store.

And don't forget to put the safety on before doing any of this!!!

Edited by Lookback

You could also look down the barrel to see if there's anything jammed in it.

lol, who are you trying to kill?

First you have to make sure the safety is off, with you finger on the trigger to maximum allowance of visibility down the barrel. Then with a frim grip on the fireing mechanism, look down the barrel to see if there's anything jammed while pulling the trigger to see if it can get dislodged.

You could also look down the barrel to see if there's anything jammed in it.

lol, who are you trying to kill?

First you have to make sure the safety is off, with you finger on the trigger to maximum allowance of visibility down the barrel. Then with a frim grip on the fireing mechanism, look down the barrel to see if there's anything jammed while pulling the trigger to see if it can get dislodged.

Oh, right right, the Wile E. Coyote technique.