Classes and Builds

ValenAlvern

(edited)

I already posted this on the other topic, I guess I can post here in more detail.

I use this build for my Level 47 Witch Doctor: http://us.battle.net...XdiT!bWV!YYYZbZ

I use the Gargantuan as a tank, he's has tons of HP and can tank bosses if I stack Jungle Fortitude (20% less damage taken) and Zombie Handler (20% more HP).

When I see a group of enemies I rush in... which sounds like a horrible idea... I cast Soul Harvest, which increases my INT by 104 for each enemy around me, up to 5, which puts my INT at 1,405, so 1405% increased damage and higher resistance. It also heals me for 1044 HP for each enemy up to 5, a 5220 HP heal, so even if I get hit it's not a too big of a deal.

I then cast Locust Swarm which jumps from enemy to enemy causing a whole group to take damage over time.

I move back, let my Gargantuan tank and spam Acid Cloud on the enemies head's while shooting at them with my poison darts.

If things are hitting me I can use Soul Harvest to heal or if things are going really bad I can use Horrify, which makes everything run in fear and doubles my armor. If things go REALLY bad and I lose all my HP Spirit Vessel keeps me alive, heals me for 10% of my HP and turns me invisible so I can run away.

It's been working pretty well. It's a lot of damage for groups which can be a problem with bosses or other single powerful enemies. Before a boss I usually switch to Haunt in place of Locust Swarm, it's a single enemy ability that does 575% of weapon damage over 12 seconds.

Edited by VooDooPC

I got to Hell last night with the help of Biggs and a friend of his. Disregard just about everything in my last post... it doesn't work.

Not that I'm very far yet but fireballs+haunt and zombie dogs with everything else you mentioned has been working out pretty well for me so far

(edited)

had to change my monk build totally for inferno too :(

biggest issue is the nerfs that messes with your build (not cheap to respec)

for monk, going for a high resistance build, with some life add on hit.

Edited by lousiest

One of my friend told me her hunter had 50k dps...made me feel crappy with my 5k dps at lvl 52. I can still handle Hell fine though...hate to expect what's coming up in Inferno. Screw survival, whos joining me in PURE DPS class?

Tough sledding in Hell with my glass cannon Wizard at 55 with only 6000 dps. Regular stuff is gravy - yellows usually too. But those blue packs with crazy mods. Had some Spiderlings, which are default fast as hell but weak as crap, show up as a blue pack with chains, molten, and something else.... Just unbeatable for my girl :(

Note to self - why didn't I take a screenshot?

Should start a thread of "I'm getting wiped by these..."

I'm going pure DPS. I dont have my lvl 60 gear on yet and with Glass Cannon I do roughly 11300 DPS in Hell. When I put on all my 60 gear I'll be over 20k DPS. And thats only temporarily til I can purchase a better weapon. The one I'm starting with has like 730 dmg but I'll buy one over 1000 when i can.

very doable. my bro went for dps on his wizard, and was able to solo butcher on inferno. those dragon heads thingy you wizards have are great distractions