Very pathetic and not cool at all

Codrut

GC Coalition Member

Well, there was a last round. They have 1500 points advantage and the map was 700 points +500=1200 (the max we could get). 1500>1200 but surprise. The kids take the tank(wining team) and they go in the back of the map so we could'nt hit him. We stay like this for 30 mins (at least) and people start to leaving. I want to tell you all who think to do this that is not cool, especialy when you already win... Very pathetic and boring

They should have had the custom frustration meter going. The !teams panel tells everyone who the tanks are regardless of what team you're on, so if something like this happens again, get who the Tanks are and report them to the forums. If they change their name or whatever in between them doing this and you reporting them, we can always find them in the logs.

No offense Codrut, but just because no-one obliged you on speeding up the round by throwing it as infected hardly means that you were hard done by. You made it clear that you wanted to hurry the round along and no-one was stopping your team from suiciding. I don't believe the onus for accelerating the end of a round falls on the infected when they are winning. The round played out pretty normally and I don't believe it took a half hour. I also don't believe a lot of people left during the round.

• Like 1

GC Coalition Member

No offense Codrut, but just because no-one obliged you on speeding up the round by throwing it as infected hardly means that you were hard done by. You made it clear that you wanted to hurry the round along and no-one was stopping your team from suiciding. I don't believe the onus for accelerating the end of a round falls on the infected when they are winning. The round played out pretty normally and I don't believe it took a half hour. I also don't believe a lot of people left during the round.

I dont think you read what i writed.. The game was over. We could't win it anymore, so there was no point of playing. Is not the first time it happen. I forget his name but we spend 54 minutes on a round. The game was realy tied. We eventualy win but still..

(edited)

No.

To be honest, from a score perspective, when the better players are on in number I usually consider anything over 2500 on most maps a win regardless. (That and the fact that the game is a lot more fun) I really recommend that you play for fun. THere are so many changes in the composition of a team over the course of a campaign that by the finale the score is really misrepresented anyways.

Edited by Lookback

People want to win, and when they can't win they just give up

Plus people want to IMMEDIATELY skip the finale if the game was already lost. Good thing we don't have skip map votes, or else it be a rarity to actually play a whole campaign if it was up to the players.
  • Like 2

I played that game he is talking about and I left to make food and came back and it was still going on. :o

The tank ran around the edge of the map throwing rocks forever to hold the boat from arriving....until the team had enough points to buy tanks and crush them beyond a pulp.

GC Coalition Member

What I don't understand is that the Survivors can outnumber and outrun a Tank. Survivors always play too defensive and sit out in the open so they can get hit by rocks.

we tried to rush him, but he was in the back of the map where we couldn't reach him. I dont want you to think that all that mather for me is the win. I always join the weakest team. The problem is that he stay behind the map more then 20-30 minutes when the game was already over. This is prety lame and pathetic.. Some people here realy dont read to the end. I dont say that he let us win, i never say it. All i want you to understand is that he HIDE in the back of the map for 30 mins when there was no chance that we win. Play for fun, not for win.

I hereby state that the person playing the tank was being an donkey. That being said, unless it happens all the time, its simply a one off event. Move on. Don't dwell on it, accept it. Live free... fly like an angel in a sky of tranquility!

Shaftiel

What I don't understand is that the Survivors can outnumber and outrun a Tank. Survivors always play too defensive and sit out in the open so they can get hit by rocks.

some maps have areas behind the "scenery" where infected can be. That's where the tank was. Survivors could barely see him let alone hunt him down.

a few of us tried to chase him to end it but it didn't matter....he ran away, repeatedly.

very lame for being a team with a huge score advantage over the losing team :(

Depending on where the tank player is, it can actually be quite difficult to land a molotov or bile bomb. I know of several places to sit on each finale, where I can probably just rock spam, without ever being hit by a grenade. There's always someone out in the open, so there's always usually a target. But, I mean, each finale also has ample places to hide, so just take the whole survivor team and hide, and it'll force the tank player out. I mean, hiding where players can't see, hit, or get to you, is a bit of a nuisance, sure, but the survivors are in control, they just need to move.

some maps have areas behind the "scenery" where infected can be. That's where the tank was. Survivors could barely see him let alone hunt him down.

a few of us tried to chase him to end it but it didn't matter....he ran away, repeatedly.

very lame for being a team with a huge score advantage over the losing team :(

Hunt him down with molotovs? Hide indoors so he can't hit you with rocks? There are lots to do in a situation like that.

Hunt him down with molotovs? Hide indoors so he can't hit you with rocks? There are lots to do in a situation like that.

true but not everyone wants listens/has sound on (or music is loud)/gets pulled out or whatever then rocked/etc.

many reasons why we can't do anything about it without a strong QB