Tips from Lan Veterans

Fatty

Yeah headphones and no speakers.. We also need someone to bring the "Buddy Christ". Surge protectors and extension cables always come in handy. How about chairs?? Any little extra things like rooster said works too.. Redeyez setup shop last year with a few things.. im still trying to figure out what to do with this broken Parallel port Zip drive ;)

I also forgot a motherboard and a cpu last year, i hope someone found some use for them...

If you're a local, maybe bring an extra chair or two to help out.

And I must agree with m0m on the A/V scanning, last year was no fun disinfecting my machine from a virus that was sent out over the network...

Guest [SFC]Preacher
Guest [SFC]Preacher
Guest [SFC]Preacher
Guests

If you have one, bring a spare gaming PC cuz you never know- If anyone needs PC parts I'll have the motherload form monitors to vidcards,soundcards RAM ect...

Glad there is an A/V requirement - I run an internet cafe and we got hacked last month hard core - I don't run a server so it was just some bozo looking at random IP's to kill a system - infected 6 machines and not even Norton was up to the task- anyway just don't tell me that viruses are for those not paying attention to what they're installing.

Oh and always bring extra networking equipment ie. cords switches ect.

Question: will there be wireless LAN set-up or should I just plan on my 50ft cord lol