Suiciding

General

I was warned today with a perma ban by Maestro for suiciding. I mean c'mon, does it really matter if you're changing campaigns. I'd like to know if that form of suiciding is allowed, suiciding right before a campaign change. Even if it isn't, I don't think a perma ban is really necessary.

(edited)

I was warned today with a perma ban by Maestro for suiciding. I mean c'mon, does it really matter if you're changing campaigns. I'd like to know if that form of suiciding is allowed, suiciding right before a campaign change. Even if it isn't, I don't think a perma ban is really necessary.

I personally feel people should not suicide regardless, I kicked Yoshi the other day for doing it, and he understood why. I don't think it warrants a perma ban, let's see what Maestro has to say.

Also, just realized you were only warned not banned.

Just in the future take death by infected in stride. Or just wait patiently for the map to change.

Edited by chick82
  • Like 1

Don't do it, unless an admin gives you explicit permission. Gives the wrong example to new players.

wether it's a permaban or not, isn't really the point. It's as long as it needs to be to send the message.

I personally feel people should not suicide regardless, I kicked Yoshi the other day for doing it, and he understood why. I don't think it warrants a perma ban, let's see what Maestro has to say.

Also, just realized you were only warned not banned.

Just in the future take death by infected in stride. Or just wait patiently for the map to change.

Ya always got something to say about me, huh chick?

I have kicked and banned people for this in the past... never a perma-ban though. don't forget as a member you are like the face of GC and as such you are held accountable for what you say and do in that respect. I mean does it really hurt you to not suicide and just wait for the campaign switch?

I don't really agree with some of the reasoning here... making statements like 'don't suicide because I say so!' isn't really helpful.

All of our rules should have a logical basis. While we expect that players should listen to the admins, if and when things are brought to the forums (like right now), that's when we can take time to verify that our rules are logical and sensible.

The best case so far against what General did is the one offered by MPG.

It gives a bad message to new players thinking that it's ok to do.

There might not always be new players in the server, but I agree that it's probably best to just not suicide for this reason. That way, there's just less confusion about when it's allowed or not.

• Like 2

Suiciding is not allowed. It's as plain and simple as that, regardless whether a map is changing. It gives a bad message to new players thinking that it's ok to do.

This is how it was always explained to me. I would prefer that members not provide an example of bad behavior.