Hilarious Attempt to Scam - GuardiaN

Barashin

So I attempted to sell one of my CSGO skins through the Market today. I received a friend request from this user - GuardiaN. Check out his attempt to take the skin from me under false pretenses (Screenshot Attached).

In the Screenshot, you can see his Steam Community Profile, usernames, the conversation, and the purported "transaction."

post-3647-0-91597200-1379895373_thumb.png

Barashin

Edited by Barashin

Here's another scam attempt from user - walle. Are accounts being stolen now? These accounts really look like legit. But the way these conversations sound, it seems like they've been hijacked.

Walle has since changed his name to "azertyyyy" and defriended me.

Hilarious...

Both reported also. Let's see if Valve follows up.

post-3647-0-62096000-1379895289_thumb.png

I got no crap, gave it all away. This is why I hate shopping, scammers everywhere. Some new guy I added recently, bombarded me with messages asking for $90 s0 he could buy new games and get more trades. He didn't last long on my friends list.

If I do get anymore garbage in future to trade, 1st come 1st served, or I'll trade for a time machine.

Reminds me of the time when I bought my CS:Source key off ebay. For some reason or another, I had to give him my password and let him log into my steam account to activate it. I gave him my account info, he informed me it was activated and I played source for many years afterwards.

Reminds me of the time when I bought my CS:Source key off ebay. For some reason or another, I had to give him my password and let him log into my steam account to activate it. I gave him my account info, he informed me it was activated and I played source for many years afterwards.

I think, there is more to tell.

I think those can be alt but most likely they are stolen/hijacked accounts. The previous owners had to clicked on some pshing links (entering email, password,...etc etc) and their account got stolen. Usually those hijackers try to massively trade, scam other people on behalf's of other persons name, before steam even lock the account down.

So, be extremely careful on links. Usually they have improper grammar or number instead of letter, like www.comunnity, www.comunity or even www.c0mmunity (zero instead of o).

Also, this new feature of trading (offer a trade) is more likely for friends, I would still recommend the usual, steam trading that is!

If you trade anything valuable, always check for steamrep, get his steam id, make screens.

I think those can be alt but most likely they are stolen/hijacked accounts. The previous owners had to clicked on some pshing links (entering email, password,...etc etc) and their account got stolen. Usually those hijackers try to massively trade, scam other people on behalf's of other persons name, before steam even lock the account down.

So, be extremely careful on links. Usually they have improper grammar or number instead of letter, like www.comunnity, www.comunity or even www.c0mmunity (zero instead of o).

Also, this new feature of trading (offer a trade) is more likely for friends, I would still recommend the usual, steam trading that is!

If you trade anything valuable, always check for steamrep, get his steam id, make screens.

I knew I shouldn't have trusted Barashin. :P

Alright, guys. I think, I got lucky. I've gotten a steam message from a wife of Myammar Gaddafi to help her out to transfer all her weapon skins worth of $1000. Her representative requested my steam login and password to verify eligibility of my account with VALVe. So silly of them. I'll just keep all weapon skin for myself.

I think, there is more to tell.

Nope.. I bought the key. I gave some random person my username and password. He activated it, I changed my password and played CS:Source happily ever after.