Outlast (Surprised no Jackie Let's play)

ZeroDamage

I tried playing the game drunk one night for a LP, but the amount of motion blur made me nauseous.

Plus, I'm thinking about not doing LPs anymore because I can't possibly compete or compare to how LPs have become. Seems like acting like an over-exaggerated idiot with fake, overacting reactions gets you popular and I refuse to do that.

I tried playing the game drunk one night for a LP, but the amount of motion blur made me nauseous.

Plus, I'm thinking about not doing LPs anymore because I can't possibly compete or compare to how LPs have become. Seems like acting like an over-exaggerated idiot with fake, overacting reactions gets you popular and I refuse to do that.

Well live streaming via Twitch.tv seems to be the thing these days. I would however watch you play this if you did. I always found your reactions quite comical and amusing. And the fact that this game may be just a little insane.

I watched a brit friend of mine play this game all the way through over livestream, hes a very "hipster" brit to say the least but he actually thoroughly enjoyed this game. lol It was entertaining to watch though esp when we joked about things along the way. Like with the river of blood and one side going to female ward and other going to male ward. Menstration jokes XD

I scare easy, and to be honest, Amnesia didn't scare me. I'm not sure if it's the way they went about trying to terrify people or my development experience that hindered the experience. I found the game to be quite fantastic, but models in the game looked terrifyingly awful. It was definitely one of the funnest games I've played in the survivor horror genre, and has spawned others to use the whole "can't fight, must run" idea. I wish the latest Amnesia game were created by the same devs, though, and was more survival horror than lackluster puzzle solving. Still, I wait impatiently for a game like Amnesia that will actually result in peeing myself. I do need to say that I got scared at one point, in the prison area, but that was only because a co-worker walked up behind me and slammed his hands down on my shoulders when I was completely immersed in the game.

Since Amnesia didn't scare the pants off of me, I can only conclude that the videos of peoples reactions to the water area and other parts of the game were bogus in an attempt to draw in attention or ratings.

Edited by Sky

I scare easy, and to be honest, Amnesia didn't scare me. I'm not sure if it's the way they went about trying to terrify people or my development experience that hindered the experience. I found the game to be quite fantastic, but models in the game looked terrifyingly awful. It was definitely one of the funnest games I've played in the survivor horror genre, and has spawned others to use the whole "can't fight, must run" idea. I wish the latest Amnesia game were created by the same devs, though, and was more survival horror than lackluster puzzle solving. Still, I wait impatiently for a game like Amnesia that will actually result in peeing myself. I do need to say that I got scared at one point, in the prison area, but that was only because a co-worker walked up behind me and slammed his hands down on my shoulders when I was completely immersed in the game.

Since Amnesia didn't scare the pants off of me, I can only conclude that the videos of peoples reactions to the water area and other parts of the game were bogus in an attempt to draw in attention or ratings.

The game was more about atmosphere and the tension of whether or not you were going to hear the monster's noise when you opened a door.

I'm not scared of spiders, so no one can be scared of spiders. I assume anyone who freaks out when they see a spider is a drama queen begging for attention.

That's basically what you just said...

I heard many positive (read "scary) opinions about this game. However, being just scary is boring. Is there any riddles or secrets to discover? Like Silent Hill?

No, just linear movement, hiding, seeking for alternative door/air vent, pushing heavy objects away from doors (not too many of that). No riddles.