CSGO server needs to be replaced

ARMYguy

Anyone know who runs the current GC server? There is just too much rubber banding, chokes, and 3 second after the shot kills to be any fun anymore. BF4 which is known for rubber banding and after death kills, is actually way more solid than this server is. I want to look into buying my own server, because quite frankly, this one is terribad. Either too many games are running on the same box, or their net is el garbage. Something should be done though.

Make sure its not your route into the server.

It wouldn't be too many games on the box. We have full control of two cores - not shared, all ours.

And thinking that nothing has actually changed on our end its either possibly a router crapping out at the host (or upstream a hop or two) or your own router to the server has taken a dump.

I have completely disabled any routers, and even run directly through to the cable modem, and it did not matter. Iv done ridiculous amount of internet checks and packet loss checks on my connection, and i have none. All other servers are perfect, except this one. Everyone is rubber banding, not just me. everyone has tons of choke the second someone shoots a gun. It has to be this server, i just do not know what is causing it. I dont recall this issue on css gc server. Its really bad the last few days now too, you mario brothers around the map (warp) and shoot people and nothing happens, then they run in cover then die.

I have tried using an autoexec to force my tick to be 64 like valve servers, which helped lower the amount of rubber banding, but did not eliminate it. As soon as i put my rates back to 128, there was more lag and rubber banding. Switching guns also lags, and sometimes when you switch to a gun when you need it really fast, it will switch back randomly cause of lag and get you killed. A fun experiment would be to see if the server can be set to 64 tick to see if it actually helps or eliminates the lag issue. It might at least show us more of what could be causing the issue.

I think NFO (it is NFO right?) is milking everyone with fancy advertising and scrimping on their machines. I have done some research and this is not unique situation, lots of people complaining of similar things. I have heard a lot more good things about

http://hypernia.com/game-servers

although i have not tried them myself yet.

To add to the above, choke gets worse when its full, but its always there, even when there is only a few people playing. This is just plain bad. I get killed quite often even in 2v2 sized games when i switch to a gun and the lag switches it back, etc.

Edited by ARMYguy

I can tell you we've tried a number of different providers in the past. NFO in my opinion has been more responsive and supportive than any others we've worked with. I'd feel more comfortable working with them to get this resolved than picking up anchor and heading somewhere else.

edit: although that ssd dedicated machine looks sahweeeet! http://hypernia.com/game-dedicated-servers

I have noticed this problem for a very long time, at least since we got a GC GO server, or soon after. I have always had these little rubber bandings, and my guns doing the stutter switch, that never occurred in css or any other CS GO server.

When i went to some other servers, the SV was rock solid at whatever the server tick rate was, and never budged even in large gun battles. The highest choke was 2 %, but even that was very rare. GC server was giving me a max of 12 choke at times, and the SV was never at the tick rate of 128, unless at the spawn when round starts and no shooting was going on. The second shooting occurred, the SV started to plummet, which is when the choke starts, the rubber banding, etc. I tested a bunch of valve servers and other servers, and none of them do any of these things. Rock solid. I have not tried GC since you made changes at the time of this post.

So im playing right now and am seeing SV go as low as 60s, which is really bad. It happens when people start shooting in large battles and a large server. On other servers i tested, its rock solid no matter how many people shoot. This server appears really under powered.