Who wants to adopt my girls?

Fatty

I'm considering getting my 3 girls accounts on MC (they'be been playing the pocket edition for some time)

I've skimmed our pinned topics, but not read, just knowing that we have a server and it's easy to join was what I needed.....

Would the GC server be a good place for them to start out? They can handle all the basics of survival....but haven't done the multiplayer where they might be hunted by others....

Thoughts? My girls are 13, 10, and 8....wouldn't be playing all that often.....can they host their own world that would pick up where they left off? Is their building saved somewhere if they didn't play for several days to a week inbetween?

Any input would be appreciated.

(edited)

GC server is definitely a good place to start out i think. As the rules stand now there is no player hunting of any kind. The construction itself is the main theme. The only hunting would be amongst themselves.

The server saves every block you put in it and stays saved.

The only thing they'd have to know and look out for, is not to start breaking other peoples buildings. They can explore, but have to find their own patch of land to do their building.

Unless i'm missing something, that pretty much sums it up.

Edit: spelling

Edited by TheDude

GC Founder

That's cool. I try to talk them into playing L4D on our server....but our server is pretty intense in that....I tell them "girls, my people will look out for you."

They just stare at me and join random servers.

(my youngest is like level 40 on payday2.....just by playing randomly...)

Is this the server mod where you sorta have a "yard" that belongs to you? An that it's sorta protected?

Thanks Dude, and any / all thoughts are welcome.

GC Founder

Also, noticed the "add minecraft to steam" video and tips......can someone tell me what the advantage of this would really be? They both have steam accounts with games, but also do stuff through the web with accounts unrelated...just want to know why I should bother linking the games through steam.....what's the benefit?

Cat, he's saying he's gonna buy the full version for them.

Anyway, Fatty, adding it to Steam only allows you to use the Steam overlay via the Shift + Tab method, it doesn't really do anything other than that.

Our server has no "yard mod" or claims plugin, but as we're whitelisted we don't really have to worry about much. In theory, nobody will mess with other peoples' stuff. It's also not a hostile server, meaning nobody will go in there and kill them and steal their stuff, only mobs will attack them.

As Dude posted before, everything is saved on the server and will be there every time they rejoin.

Another plus of our server is that we're running Dynmap which will allow them to see where they are in relation to anybody else on the server.

If you end up getting them accounts, we will need to add them to the whitelist so that they can join, but beyond that they should be good to go.

• Like 1

That's cool. I try to talk them into playing L4D on our server....but our server is pretty intense in that....I tell them "girls, my people will look out for you."

They just stare at me and join random servers.

(my youngest is like level 40 on payday2.....just by playing randomly...)

Is this the server mod where you sorta have a "yard" that belongs to you? An that it's sorta protected?

Thanks Dude, and any / all thoughts are welcome.

If they play just let Tirtul or myself know. Tirtul's been really great like when Peanut's son played, and myself (not to brag) haha! Plus Peanut still owes me for some diamonds I gave his son *cough* haha jk.

Seriously though, since it's whitelisted we don't have like protection or claims. But we can help them find a place either close to spawn or far away, whichever. It's more of an honor system. I think Tirtul was or has put a chest locking system on the server, one of those. We can show them who's place is who, and all that good stuff.

I think the server is set to hard though, not sure how old your girls are, basically more monsters, and they break wooden doors. but Peanut's son seems to do pretty well and I think Renegades son hops on once in a while.

Really anyone on the server is always up to help, even if we aren't on we can come on and help with things or questions. Lots of good peeps on the server.

GC Founder

I assume there's plenty of room for them to mess around....no need for server resets or restarts.....the stats I glimpsed at don't mean much to me.

Whitelist....meaning it's sorta like a members only thing? Some of my students (5th grade, all about minecraft) wanted to play with my girls when I get them going.....but that won't work because you sorta need your name on a list, is that correct?

I appreciate all the replies....you'll see them in there soon I'm sure. I just have to figure out when to pull the trigger (not on a flippin school night, that's for sure)....

GC Founder

Cat, he's saying he's gonna buy the full version for them.

Anyway, Fatty, adding it to Steam only allows you to use the Steam overlay via the Shift + Tab method, it doesn't really do anything other than that.

Our server has no "yard mod" or claims plugin, but as we're whitelisted we don't really have to worry about much. In theory, nobody will mess with other peoples' stuff. It's also not a hostile server, meaning nobody will go in there and kill them and steal their stuff, only mobs will attack them.

As Dude posted before, everything is saved on the server and will be there every time they rejoin.

Another plus of our server is that we're running Dynmap which will allow them to see where they are in relation to anybody else on the server.

If you end up getting them accounts, we will need to add them to the whitelist so that they can join, but beyond that they should be good to go.

excellent info

If they play just let Tirtul or myself know.

Will do. TY!

GC Server Admin

Fatty if they want to learn the game L4D2 campaign mode Id give it a try . Im sure we could get a few more peeps to help

My opinion when you can do hard then you are ready grasshopper buts thats just me

(edited)

Seriously, it would be super cool if I could create a world just for these guys (and you guys if you want).

Our server is endless by that I mean the world doesn't stop going. They could just go super far out and never run into anyone. We use to have multi-verse which we had a normal world and a creative world, but with all the updates I think it's still broken.

Edited by chick82

GC Founder

Ok, so what do I do to get

1st) my kids whitelisted

B) random 5th graders whitelisted

user names on minecraft?

(i know this is the cart before the horse, but i'll help me get things set up mentally)

Then I'll give them the IP and we'll see what happens.

The future of GC and FFO.....here they come.....

GC Founder

The reason I'm thinking of a new (separate) server is because of the stats....they tend to pull some people in and keep em. If that doesn't much matter, then it doesn't matter. How long has this one been up and running?

(edited)

our current server has a capacity of 20 people on at a time and it is endless in that there is no world boundries

the server was last wiped in version 1.7.2

if additional of there friends want to join they just need to add there names to the whitelist thread stating that they have read the rules and they will get patched in

Edited by Tirtul

The stats really don't mean that much to people imo. LOL I didn't even know we had them for a long time.

We did a major reset last year I think mid year, when a really big update came out back in July.

Really I think they'll be fine on the server Fatty. Everyone's really nice and cool, as long as they don't take anything that isn't theirs, it's not going to be a problem. And we can find them a place in the world weather they want to be close to spawn or far far away. It really doesn't matter, they aren't going to hurt anything being on their. If anything maybe people will play again if it looks busy, even though it's a bunch of tweens.

GC Founder

Ok. This all sounds good. As my classes have gone through today, a quick poll shows about 10-12 PC playing MCers that would be interested (aside from my 3 kids and me). That's only half of the 5th grade (my daughter is on the other half, and would no doubt have others to invite).

It only helps me that the rules are like they used to be (sigh, what, 15 years ago we started in 1999 with this thing, lol) in the case that the kid says their teacher invited them to somewhere online.....I'll just edit out the "dick" in the rules on the other page and have the kids sign them in front of me to get on the list.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh so funny!

Right now its at 20 people BUT if we seriously had a lot more active people maybe we could go up a level (or whatever it is).

This will be great, I built a mall, I should finish it, maybe people will come shop there LOL.

if the server is constantly filling up there is the possibility of increasing the player cap but that is something that you would have to talk to the boardabout. Though that really wont be an issue unless we are hitting the server capacity