Does doing this still farm you points?

ctrlfrk

If I am not mistaken, they are pulling someone up from a ledge to farm pickup points?

That has always been bannable for exploiting. I am having a heck of a time making out who that is with my lousy laptop graphics. Kilz? With Deathlok pulling him up?

That's the finale map in the campaign The Parish, right at the beginning of the safe room. There is a row of closet along the wall that reaches to the ladder, so a player have to jump very precise close to the ladder as if he's about to fall from death but instead hangs on to the closet.

It was killz doing the jumping, randoms getting him up. I don't think he was doing it to farm points though. He only did it ~3 times and on that map it doesn't really make a difference cos you're going to get charged to death anyway.

I've seen people doing this lately. If you jump off of the proper surface onto the lockers, you'll hang there a few inches off the ground as though death were imminent. There's a good chance that they were doing it just to glitch the game and be funny rather than to hurt fairness. The night someone showed me, that was the case, so don't penalize anyone for it without certainty that it was griefing.

Admittedly I have done that a couple times myself before but only for funny reasons. I didn't believe you would get points for picking people up as others have try that before and I didn't get a single point.

(edited)

I apologize for going off topic here(kind of), I few days ago I was playing Dead Air, there were only 3 players(myself included) and on the second(third?) chapter the game was one sided(about 1k diff) so I joined the other team midway the round to help and to my surprise the points I made on the infected side were still with me as a survivor.

How is that possible? I thought points were lost when switching teams.

Edited by Vilkys

I apologize for going off topic here(kind of), I few days ago I was playing Dead Air, there were only 3 players(myself included) and on the second(third?) chapter the game was one sided(about 1k diff) so I joined the other team midway the round to help and to my surprise the points I made on the infected side were still with me as a survivor.

How is that possible? I thought points were lost when switching teams.

Nope.

• 3 weeks later...