Got Banned

Chief

I need to hire DOH. Everyone seems to feel free to used banned threads to dump on our forums. But if you guys would post we could just make faces all the time. Much better, IMO.

LongHair's thread got closed and there wasn't anything said about it, so I just wanted to copy and paste Rev's post from DOH forums so that people aren't thinking it was some radical act of subversion. It was supposed to be good natured and I am uncertain how it was interpreted since someone took it upon themselves to close it without any comment.

This was questioned in our privated forums. I have no information on this, and it was obviously taken out of context.

Someone probably was just attempting to keep topics in that forum "on-task" and didn't do so in a bad way, obviously not knowing about the whole "faces" idea (perhaps in efforts help those members that patrol the banned forums regularly). I'm sure whoever did it didn't close it in any sort of angry fashion, so please take no offense.

At any rate:

:unsure:B)

If it is the thread I am thinking of, Congregation closed it but he gave a pretty good-natured response to it. You might be talking about a different thread previous to today's one though.

I have a lot of smileys at http://drevil.cc.vt.edu/dweezil/cs/smiley/ although some of them might not be appropriate for this forum (I kind of just save them as I see them...you might notice a few of the "post count avatar smileys" from this forum in there).

Here is also a good site with a ton of smilies on it. http://www.mysmilies.com/

If it is the thread I am thinking of, Congregation closed it but he gave a pretty good-natured response to it.  You might be talking about a different thread previous to today's one though.

We're talking about the same one, but Rev said he REclosed it because another moderator closed it. I just wanted to clarify that it was in good fun and actually by request. But it's all good after Fat's post. I just wanted to make sure, because not every one reads all of these forums, let alone a stray post on our forums.

Now BACK OFF! j/k ;) <--good natured ribbing

B)

I don't have a problem with Mmmm or its representatives doing whatever it wants with its forums. I just wanted to make it clear that a member of my team, LongHair, wasn't being unruly by starting a thread in Got Banned after Rev made a post in DOH forums to put it in Got Banned. Wonderland is a great place for threads about smileys, and I understand you enforcing your moderated topic. I was just making it clear that there was a reason that it was in Got Banned. It was a good and good hearted reason, as well. No harm, no foul--but it needed to be explained since its closing wasn't.

B)

Correct! There have been hostilities and things going around, so I just wanted to make sure that an admin wasn't taking anything to heart. But after Fat's post everything was fine. Thanks for posting, and you don't have to open it or move it at this point.

B)