Boomer spawn tactics

scubiedoobie

When playing against really good players with good aim, rocket spawning with boomer is essentially a no-go since they'll just pop you as soon as they see you in the air.

With that being said, is there any tips or tactics you guys use that you find works against good players, so that they won't easily kill you while you boomer spawn?

I've been trying a variety of tactics, including curving my boomer rocket, or waiting while there's a distraction spitter, charger or hunter. Sometimes I find if I hold shift and S (the backward key) in mid-air after my spawn, it stops the animation completely straight in the air, making them confused.

Anybody have any luck and want to share tips or secrets? :3

Let's help each other improve and get better!

There are some older topics about this too.  You definitely need to come from low points and stay low, and try curving around areas.  Pick good moments to come in, don't be the first person flying in (be patient for the right spot, right time).  If there is a tank, someone charged, etc, this creates distractions, good time to boom, just try to boom from a different direction as the distraction is.  Watch other good players for good boom spots. 

• Like 1

like jackie said you need to keep your rocket trajectory low, if you come in from the front and high i can pistol you before you even get close to landing.  if you can curve it around a building you will come in fast, low and be extremely hard to hit.

another boom that i have good success with is a slow rocket over a wall, you essentially move forward just enough to come over a wall and can drop in on people quick so they have less reaction time to get you.  you will probably not vomit in time but you will get shot directly next to people.

don't forget to air strafe with A & D, sometimes that can save you if you have no choice but you boom from straight on

With that being said, is there any tips or tactics you guys use that you find works against good players, so that they won't easily kill you while you boomer spawn?

don't spawn as boomer. case closed.

don't spawn as boomer. case closed.

SOMEBODY has to boom. Never enough boomers with/without tanks. It's a serious issue.

• Like 2