Idea

SwOOp

Practically everyone has something they do not use for their comp anymore and are looking to sell it or get rid of it. How about all those in this situation bring it, and have a random prize draw. I'm sure there has to be parameters of course, No one will want to put up their 4200ti that they are no longer using due to buying a 9700pro. Whether it be a cheesy game or old headphones, whatever.

I have enough pc parts for about 3 machines.. I still have commodore64 power supplies laying around.. Im a packrat... I have parts from every pc but apples, never had an apple product...

Guest MaC_UsEr
Guest MaC_UsEr
Guest MaC_UsEr
Guests

batman i am ashamed at you for saying that :P

• 2 weeks later...
I have enough pc parts for about 3 machines..  I still have commodore64 power supplies laying around..  Im a packrat...  I have parts from every pc but apples, never had an apple product...

I have 4 Commodores (2x64's 1x128 and I picked up a SX64 for cheap at a flea market)

If you want to sell your old C= stuff, bring'em

I still have almost every issue of every C= magazine...

How about we all just build Fatty a machine that is a little more up to date than his present one?  :rolleyes:

Subliminal messages, eh?

B) <---my eyes are shielded from your voodoo.

batman i am ashamed at you for saying that :P

LOL sorry Mac i didnt mean to offend you!!! NOT!! :D

But guys if i bring my C=64, and C=128 stuff ill have to shut down my BBS The Fortress.... Its been up and runnin since 1982, Ill get so back logged with all the F.I.D.O. Net messages... Ill probably loose my King status on Empires... And the War Board will goto hell.. Goodthing for TeleNet, otherwise id still be paying for an extra phone line..

Wow, does THAT bring back memories....

I too used to run a C64 BBS... even bought a 20 MEG Hard drive (betcha didn't know you could get a hard drive for a C64). Paid like $900 for the hard drive!

Back in the day when "OH KEWL! My 1200 Baud modem has arrived! I'm staying home from school sick today so I can connect faster than I can actually READ the text go accross the screen....!".

:lol:

B)

(edited)

LOL My VIC-20 modem was SLOW! Then i got a C=64 and a 300 baud modem..

When the 600 baud modem came out it was in the same housing as the 300, so i bought a 600 bps modem and switched the insides!!! Then i took back the modem and got my money back!!! What a smart kid i was!!

I wrote a basic program with a friend of mine called "Dino the Dinosaur". We sent the program to Compute magazine.. 2 months later i got a check for $100.00 and a copy of the magazine with my program in it!!! I have the magazine somewhere around here..

Oh sparky, my friend in his basement has a 1 GIG drive thats the size of a Refrigerator!!!

For an Amiga...

My BBS had 5 SFD-1001 floppy drives, 1 meg each drive...

Edited by Batman

Wow, those were the glory days. I always wanted to run a BBS, but mom and pop wouldnt spring for another phoneline. SO i was stuck using ccodez and calling out.

But for those who dont know... my C128 has 16 megs of ram, and is running at a BLAZING 20mhz!