Need Opinions on Changes

JackieChan

Read Below  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another suggestion from the last time we discussed nerfing full heals was to make it give temporary HP instead.  You could go about it a few ways:

1) An outright nerf, where full heals still cost 15, still give 100 hp, but it's 100 temporary HP as if they'd just quaffed a bunch of pills.

2) A timed nerf where it starts off at 100% real HP, and decreases by 20% every checkpoint the survivors reach (so after the first checkpoint it gives 80 real HP and 20 temporary)

3) An infected upgrade purchase, 10 points each time and it decreases the real hp by 10 each time it's purchased. (So after 100 points worth of purchases !heal will give 100 temporary hp)

4) An infected medkit style purchase where the next full heal purchased will only give temporary HP.

I miss the ammo piles as well however I think there can be one minor tweak. Perhaps include the name of the person who purchased and dropped the ammo pile instead of just "an ammo pile has been dropped?"

I already made that change, but haven't updated that version yet.

1 can go either way.  I'm not worried.

2 is something I've wanted for a long time.  Don't forget that an entire team can (and is meant to) pitch in for special ammo.  To make it too cheap is to make it too plentiful.  We don't allow infected to share points for the same reason that it'll make too many tanks.

3 is a deal breaker for me.  At that point we'd have wandered too far from standard L4D2.  Pros will like it, but new people will end up using pistols out of ignorance.  That'll be funny....until they're on your team.

• 4 weeks later...