Star Warzzz

Fairweather

I get that some people really wish they would stick with the classic late 70's early 80's look for any new star wars that comes out. Of course they could have done a regular old straight light saber, but how boring would it be to see the same old same old. Personally the trailer looks kind of good to me. It gives it the look that there will be more action throughout, and less jibby jabby. Plus with the technology they have for special effects nowadays, why waste it on some boring, normal lightsaber. That's why Darth Maul had the double lightsaber, they wanted to freshen it up a bit.

Though I'm not sure what importance the soccer ball and Tracy Morgan look-a-like really have.

RoboChicken StarWars The Funniest!

Here is what I think is going to happen: right after the fall of emperor Palpatin (no idea how to spell his name) the force that was unleashed upon his death awakens powers dark and old. New successors to the throne appear on the arena. As well with bad guys some jedies come out from the hideouts and step into the fight. Some drama. Old characters. Lots of epicness. Story twists. A few billions to Disney.

I'll check this thread in 1 year.

• Like 1

All I know is that if JJ Abrams screws up this movie, he shall forever be known as Jar Jar Abrams.

My favorite theory about the new movie might make you feel better.

"JJ Abrams is going to use this as 2 hours of nerd redemption. The opening scene will be Jar Jar binks being decapitated."

And if we have to watch parodies of the trailer for the next year, I might be alright with that. 

• Like 1

So we are just under 400 days until Xmas...  I remember queuing up for the first one on opening day, at a childhood friend's birthday party and not really a lot of people there, no one really knew what is was. Amazing to think that Betamax, VHS and CD/DVD has all come and gone since then.

Edited by Lookback

You do know there is an extended universe already. So they might have took storylines from that. That guy in the trailer might be Darth Revan.

I was wondering the exact same thing and that was the first person I thought of when I saw the trailer

• 3 weeks later...