"PLAYERS BEWARE!!!!

GummyBear

Malwarebytes is one of the better programs out there.  Going into Safe-mode and running a Malwarebytes scan can be pretty effective.

Although it is annoying when I was a sales person at Best Buy, everyone I would talk to would say, "Well, I get Norton through the cable company" and I would die a little inside each time...maybe that's why I don't have emotions anymore...

ProTip: Internet Providers do not give a subscription anti-virus, they give the free version which makes people think that it's protecting them when it doesn't have real-time protection.

He is absolutely right I have researched all these things crazy thing norton is one of the top antivirusus but thus it is a virus itself moronic anti-virus ones with real time protection if you purchase the software would be avira kaspersky avg trend micro and my fav avast.  malwarebytes has real time protection. 

Antivirus are pretty much useless these days. They are a crutch for the clueless computer user to think they can do whatever they want on the computer with impunity while getting infected with everything under the sun.  You should have something but it should be light weight  (Webroot gamer version is my recommendation) and a lot of common sense. Don't use IE. Don't trust anyone or anything.  

Or run Linux.

Malwarebytes is one of the better programs out there.  Going into Safe-mode and running a Malwarebytes scan can be pretty effective.

MiniXP is a handy tool if you know what you are doing, its a great PE (pre-windows environment) system that will let you run virus scans on your OS allowing you to remove and see things you wouldn't normally be able to inside the running OS.