FragFest LOCATION STATUS 3

Fatty

Ok, I've got a very likely piece of land here. Just got off the second phone call with the owners of the land. It's down in the park, approximately 2-3 miles from Kemp's place. For those of you that like to look around on maps, it's in Akron, on Riverview Road, between Bath and Ira.

Anyways, they host wedding receptions there. It's a barn which can hold up to 150 people.

On to the matter that seems of most importance....electricity. I will try to make sense of the notes I wrote as I talked to the owner:

In the barn itself:

100 Amp Panel

1 circuit to lighting

1 to ceiling fans

1 to outside lighting

6 duplex or quad thingys running down polls.

Now, 100 yards away there is a 400 AMP service.

As far as keeping food, etc cold, we'd need to bring ice chests, etc.

There is 1 porta john available, if needed we could rent another.

People could camp there or at Kemp's.

They use what I would use, which is Cuyhaga Falls Police for security, at $20 / hour.

This could be the one. Any comments on the electricity?

The eq doesn't change

100amp = 20ppl

+

400amp = 80ppl

= 100ppl

why dont they just switch the 100 with the 400

go take pix of the breakerbox?

what is the sq ft? i mean i doubt that a 5000btu AC unit will be kind to 50 puters.

Ohio gets very hot, well here in Cincinnati it does... VERY VERY Humid here in the summer, its a wet hot. The kind that pulls your sweat out and doesnt evaporate it.. So you get a hot sweat sitting on your body...

330-922-3601
the number on their website is disconnected so I couldn't ask about A/C in the barn, which I am concerned about for comfortable gaming/pc friendlyness.

330-867-6681

the second number goes to a chick on an answering machine that doesn't identify anything other than the phone number you've dialed. Can you confirm the A/C in the barn status or post up the # you've been using to call 'em?

(edited)
So you get a hot sweat sitting on your body...

oh so tempting....yet i'll let it pass.

LOL i was trying to make it sound funny.... If anyones ever watched the cartoon called "Home Movies" the episode when the 2 boys get very very fat. Then they start talking about the heat, its a fat heat, one that makes you want to eat...

*** But Fatty, the barn looks cool. Im not worried about the heat with my PC. I can take the cover off.. I dont OC any of my parts so i dont have any extra heat..

Edited by Batman

GC Founder

I'll tell you what....I find enough juice and now we're on to Air Conditioning. What would it be next? You guys don't understand how many phone calls I've made to find a place. Bring a block of ice to sit on.

I'll ask the next time I talk to them.