Marijuana Or Alcohol

Personally, I feel alcohol because society has had much longer time to deal with it legally. Honestly, neither helps society and the majority of American's abuse both. Also, whether you care to believe it or not, marijuana is a gateway drug that leads some people (not all so don't get in a huff) to stronger, much worse drugs. Alcohol has not been known to do this.

i disagree on the "gateway drug" thing... so i'd choose pot.

u can die from drinking too much, u can't die from smoking too much cause eventually ur too high to move to even smoke.

being drunk is a horrible feeling.. being high makes me relax.

at least with me and everyone i know when ur high you can at least think straight if u try real hard, and i've only gotten in ONE accident when the drive was stoned.. and thats because it was a drunk driver coming the other way.... I'm too sleepy to say much more.. but i think i've said enough.

i dont think you can really tell what the effects of pot would be cuz its still illegal at any age....

but i would guess alchy would be better for society cuz its been legal since probation ended

I myself have been ask to take marijuana or alcohol but I know the law and I have my own say about how I want to live my life... Its wrong and stupid and I don't want to end up at the wrong place or doing the wrong thing.... both things commet you in having sex and that is not right because think of the things before you take it.

Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guests
majority of American's abuse both
Wrong. The majority of Americans abuse both Pot and Alcohol? Not even adding both groups together could you get close to a majority of Americans.

As I said before, whether you care to believe it or not, studies have shown that marijuana is often a gateway drug

Can you link up something showing this? I would be interested in reading more as I know quite a few people who have smoked pot and grown and sold pot and never moved to harder stuff.

both things commet you in having sex and that is not right because think of the things before you take it.

What does this mean? Truth be told Pot actually adds "staying power" hehe. Alcohol, in great quantity, can inhibit sexual performance but in small quantities it does not hurt anything at all.

As far as the whole legal thing, Marijuana will probably be legalized within the next decade would be my best guess, or at least minimized in legal stature to only be a small fine if you are caught with any.

Alcohol is my vote, we don't need a bunch drug out people in the world, it is a proven fact that mari does slow down you brain waves.... It doens't kill brain cells.... Alcohol impairs judgement... for a short dirations

Well, after searching for info regarding marijuana as a gateway drug, I have found that it is a topic of much debate and that, while it is widely supported by some, it is also widely discredited (saying that just because the majority of cocaine, crack and heroin users used marijuana first, it did not necessarily lead them to the harder drug). So I will detract my statement that it is a gateway drug (although Soul, as you know several that have not gone on to harder drugs, I also know several who have).

But logic says the more you use a substance, the more your body builds up an immunity to it, thus requiring more of the substance to reach the original effect. After extended use, marijuana will not have the same effect on a person and if they truly desire that effect, they would need something stronger. If this is flawed logic in regards to marijuana, please let me know because I know this is true for the majority of substance.

Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guests

I agree with killer. I saw the pic. It was a marijuana bud. It was nto "graphic" or unacceptable, it was a picture of a plant and that was all.

Dweez -

I know people that have been smoking pot for 30+ years and still get the same effect off of a few hits of a joint as they did 20 years ago. In fact, I do not know any of my friends that smoke pot that have to smoke more now then they did in the past.

(edited)

But are they habitual, everyday users? I am not talking about the casual user who has a joint or two a day. I am talking about the people who smoke joints like cigarettes, 10+ a day.

Edited by dwEEziL

Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guests

Dweez -

Yes they are daily users. Usually smoke on the way to work, at lunch, at break and in the evening a couple times. This may total 1-2 joints at the VERY most.

I have never met anyone that smoked pot like cigarettes. I do not think there is anyone who smokes 10+ joints a day, that would be pretty much impossible unless they were rolling aregano instead of marijuana.