Honda or Nissan

gOOters

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am toying with the idea of keeping my pickup. If I do, that will mean that I can throw practicality to the wind with my second vehicle.

Which would you rather be using for that 30 minute drive on the freeway to work...I rarely even encounter any traffic!

S2000

or

350Z

(edited)

I can't link to that article. But the mags can't make up their mind. C&D just ranked the S2000 over the 350Z roadster...but back in December C&D ran the article "hot tin roofs" and ranked the Z well over the S2000 because it was more powerful and easier to drive fast?

Edit: Darn typos!

Edited by gOOters

...but back in December C&D ran the article "hot tim roofs" and ranked the Z well over the S2000 because it was more powerful and easier to drive fast?

They call me....TIM!!!!!

First we are now comparing to different items. To be honest, I didn't realize that they had made a S2K with a roof...why for gawd's sake why????

But alas, I gather, that if you compare the coupes (or whatever today's classification for convertibles is) then the S2K would due to the fact that it is a natural convertible. Now when you compare the non-convertible versions of the cars the 350Z will come out on top...it is natural non-convertible.

All in all, I still think the 350Z has a big fat a$$.

Of course, the hardtop version of the S2K isn't exactly pretty...looks an aweful lot like a shrunken Mazda 6.

uum....can I throw a wrench in the works?

I'd go with the Infinity G35 coupe over either one of them. But then again the G35 isn't exactly throwing practicality to the wind.

of those two choices I'd go with 350Z. From what I hear the S2000 must be kept high in the rpms to really feel what it does and that's against the nature of most drivers to do that.

Think of it as Z spirit in evening clothes.

that's how C&D describes the G35....and I'd enjoy the luxury of the G35 more.

Besides the G35 has the same chasis, engine and transmission as the Z but with more luxury for $3,000 more.

yeah....definatly the G for me.

Playa, most of your post was not answering the question. The choice was S2K or 350Z. Personally, if you look at other car forum threads, I agree that the G35 Coupe is what I would like however, that is not the subject.

<smacks playa on the hand>

As for the S2K's high RPMS, thats the nature of the VTEC. As for against the nature...that depends, are you talking american muscle, that has torque peak at lower rpms, or foreign, where the torque peaks at the high end?

either way, torque in a lower gear is ALWAYS higher than torque in a higher gear. I'm not really sure where this would be a problem.

BTW, my car is vtec too...

Edited by White Knight

Goot knows what I voted... I know I am damn biased... BUT from what I understand, the S2000 in coupe form (hard roof, not the drop top) has very little room. Goot isn't a small guy. Cram - Small Guy --> little car = sardine in a can. Yes, the S2000 is a fun little car with a redline of 9000 Rpm (Which roars at that level), but you do get the ever so pressing factor which I call 4 cylinder hell... Torque only comes in higher numbers and disappears quickly when the revs are dropped. In each review I have heard of the 350, with the six cylinder, you get a very even spread across the whole spectrum. For you manual drivers, here's an example. You go to turn that 90 degree corner, you would usually shift back to second. With the Z, you can leave the gearbox in 3rd and still get about the same power you would in 2nd. Thus far, in all reviews, the worst complaint I have heard is about the stock model brakes being too spongy. If you get the higher model with the Brembo's or upgrade on your own... the only complaint I have heard is that the passenger side seatbelt rattles on the door when that seat is not occupied. AKA.. minor annoyance, nothing wrong with the car. Oh, as for speed.. I am pretty sure the Z's 0-60 time beats the likes of the Z4 and the Porsche Boxter. :P

Good assesment, BUT the Z has had alot of problems! I think they were in such a hurry to release it and help out the marque. The biggest problems are streaking grease when you put up the window, and MAJOR tranny problems. But, Nissan has fixes for these and most of the early Zs have already been fixed. All the latest Zs have the fixes, and it is easy to get the dealerships to fix them. So, I am really not too worried about the problems.

:o hahahaha mom :D my family is back to all American except our $50,000 Mitsuibishi... ;) 2 fords, 1 chevy, and 1 cadillac B) Hopefully by this fall or, at the latest, next spring I will be "sending" some of that money over seas for their craftsmanship on a nice little 600 cc sport bike.

mom...not to start a flame war but..

American Cars suck.

They have no resell value and they barely outlast their warranty.

I've seen my folks buy 3 American cars and 4 Japanese cars during my lifetime. None of the 3 American cars still run (or even made it much above 100K miles). All 4 of the Japanese ones did (and then I wrecked 2 growing up).

yermoth3r Posted on Jul 21 2003, 11:49 AM

buy american you commie bastard

don't get me started.

besides, I DID find a very hot deal on a 99 Vette with 18K miles. Problem is...insurance would be $350/mo I wantr a sports car, but can't afford insurance on a V-8. That leaves me looking at European or Japanese. Besides, alot of people think that if you have more than 4-5 Liters under the hood, it isn't a sports car...it's a muscle car.

I'm perfectly happy with my richard, the little V-6 I am looking at should prove that! ;)

I DID find a very hot deal on a 99 Vette with 18K miles.

thats exactly where i was going

and to the rest of you commie bastards...its your fault. you lazy gimme gimme gimme bastards cant even make a good car.

damn i forget i work for a compant that makes 52 parts on every car....damn IM A COMMIE TOO!

ARGH. Hey KiRiN, where'd u put them bees? they need to go back in my pantz.

:lol:

I guess I didn't realize your compant made car parts! If I catch you shipping me any toyota corolla alternators for us to install, I'm gonna have you hanged for treason!

Bzzz...

I almost got a nice little job as a programmer with Northrup Gruhman a few weeks ago. They rejected me because of my "lack of team experience". Punks.

someone tell me what american car these days doesn't have foriegn (specifically asian) parts in it?

Chrysler and Mitsubishi are in bed.

Ford and ??? can't remember but there is one.

GM seems to be the only one not cohorting with foreign car makers but their cars are becoming crap.

I miss my 1988 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight that cost $1800 with 100,000 miles on it and hit 237,000 still running with only another $2k put into it. I was an idiot and wanted a "newer" car so I sold it and got a Dodge Avenger.

<_<

Hoping my new '94 Olds will hit those heights too.

Chrysler = Dodge to be more precise on that... Dodge Stealth = Mitsu 3000GT... Same thing with Toyota and Lexus... A lot of car companies actually have their counterparts that use the same frames with a little different body styling. Also you can look at engines. A lot of the cars use the same base engine with their own little tweaks here and there. If you were to buy an Eagle Talon and a Mitsu Eclipse (older of course) you would have the exact same powerplant.