question about case fans

THX1138

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

ok the 1 in front should be blowing in........the 1 in back should be blowing out.......the 1 on the side should be blowing in.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Front and Side should be IN. Back and top should be out.

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests
ones in front in, ones in back out, 1 on side can be either.

Ones in top on.

O wait thats just me with my Kingwin case  :rolleyes:

There was no point to this post of urs.........seriopusly i dont think anyone could care.

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

Now if i really wanted to keep the heat out i would get 1 of these babies.....http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10236470&hdwt=0&loc=101

they blow hard.....:):D:blink:

if you can't have it even would you not want to have a postive air pressure in your case? and also if ya got one in the top....hot air rises duh make it going out. Now I have no idea where I was reading about pos and neg air pressure in case or if the place was credible or not...but to puke up some of what they said...pos air pressure can help keep dust from building up in the case...some one can add thoughts to this cuz I don't really know.

I got 4 fans in the front 2 in the back and no side panel...(but when I get it it will have one blowing out the side)

so say right now I have 1 large fan blowing out of my case on the side (by large I mean about 6 inches). If I were to buy the fan Inferno was talking about and it blows out the back I assume I should switch the side fan to blow in?

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

PLayaa that fan i showed u, yes that hooks right into your PCI slot, i would have that side fan blowing in tho....i always say intakes are better but...

:D I have AC in my house and my PC is resting on the vent sucking in all the cold air

airflow is just like anything else, there are proponents of both sides. I personally am going for even airflow, but right now a huge chunk of my system (120mm side fan) is out of commission due to laziness, so I would say I am definitely neg airflow, but my ambient temp never goes above 72 F and my CPU is running cool as well.

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

cool man, hey i wanted to ask someone, how do those 120 mm fans work?

Well, they work, physically just like any other fan, but with slightly higher power requirements, making them hard on a lot of older rheobuses, but all the new ones handle them pretty well. As far as airflow goes, they are great. Put out a lot of air and mine is fairly quiet. The looks are also pretty impressive.