Tourneys?

Fatty

What type of tournaments should we hold?

Last year we ran some 5 v 5, but we didn't have other games going while the people played, which caused some serious boredom. We'll be better prepared this year.

We're definately going to have a Justwar2 tourney. :D Anyone from last year remember the 45 minutes of non-stop mayhem on my one and only map?

What else would you like to see? What formats? What sizes? I estimate that when it's all said and done, we're going to have around 45 guys.

how about a nice massive game of Ricochet? (it's a mod that comes with Half Life 1.1.1.0 update). It's massively fun with alot of ppl at a lan party because it doesn't really take a ton of skill.....it's just alot of random chance.

:P

we definately need a Worms World Party tourney.

question: anyone have Mario Kart 64 or Goldeneye? or a couple other "classic" N64 games? Those would be really fun on the projector.....

I like Brahma's idea.

and we could have a tourney where you MUST use unorthodox weapons (i.e. no colt, ak, awp, deagle, mp5).....you hafta use something like the P90, TMP, Glock, Pump Shotty, etc.

GC Founder

Justwar2 is a halflife map I made. It's a box with only a few weapons, but if you run up and around the outside, make a jump, then you get a rocket launcher (but you also get the entire other team shooting at you). (heres the map if you want it)

I'm looking for the justwar2 leaderboard screen from last year. I think I was 2nd.

We're going to have 2 many people to have a 2 team tourney...but we could figure out a way to do some old-school / newb tournament.

We'll probably do a random draw tourney in there too somewhere, which may be the major one (i.e. prize rewards for winning).

Errr I have CS beta 1.0.. ;) (Just try to figure out who you're supposed to shoot)

And maybe this year I'll be up for the JustWar2 tourny.

As for other games, Im still in love with TFC but never play it...

I like Brahma's idea.

and we could have a tourney where you MUST use unorthodox weapons (i.e. no colt, ak, awp, deagle, mp5).....you hafta use something like the P90, TMP, Glock, Pump Shotty, etc.

Hey I resemble that! :P

pump shotty tournament?

thats always good.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

bobby you don't wanna play me in poker.

GC Founder
How about regular tourney but we draw names out of a hat for teams. $5 dollars per person top 3 teams get prize money.

Now that's something to consider....you can play if you want, or sit out if you don't want.