1.6 Helpful Hints

Lunk

Here are a couple of things that seem to work for me in dealing with steam.

1- After connecting to steam, I REPEAT after connecting to steam, click on the games menu. And right click on counter-strike and go to properties. Make sure it's setup to automatically update. Seems you have to do this everytime you log out of steam. For some reason it defaults back to "do not update automatically" :unsure:

2- After you've done step 1 above. Check counter-strike in the games menu to see if the color is on. If it's black & white that means CS is not available at the moment on steam. So, you won't be able to get on a server. Hence the error message "game is not available, please try again later"

3-Patience, Patience, & more Patience. It's going to take a bit for steam to get all the bugs out. I know it's frustrating. But, when it's working, it works pretty good.

These are just a couple of things I've found so far. If anyone else comes across anything similar post it up.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Buy a shield, right click, buy a deagle.

Have fun laughing at how bad valve sucks.

I'll give that a try Lunk...course you forgot to put the 2 minute wait between each click. Course why would I think a P4 2.4 with a gig of ram running on a 384/1.5 connection would do anything fast :huh:

I'm also starting to think that you have to reboot after using steam. I did connect successfully earlier...now it won't do much of anything...can't even get the games menu up.

Lunk I feel MMMM should have waited to switch until those bugs were worked out.

as it was 1.5 was a dialy game for us.  Did MMMM have to switch so quick?

Just wondering

Auggy

Yeah auggy, what he said. GameDaemons (the game server provider) upgraded all their servers within 72 hours of CS 1.6 coming out.