STEAM DELETING ITSELF?!?!

General J

I played last night at around 2 am or so. Then I get home from class to find there is no icon for steam on my desktop... well atleast not one that works. It is now a broken link and cannot find steam.exe SOOO I go look in my handy dandy Steam folder and face that music that Steam.exe has vanished into thin air!! What the hell is with that?!?! I still need to call my sister and make sure she didn't somehow manage to delete it. But other than that I can't think of anyway that could happen. And yes all the other files and folders were still present and accounted for, atleast that I noticed... Oh How I just :wub: Valve and their nice steam software right now... almost an hour of trying to create an account... 2 uninstalls and 3 installs later and the damn thing manages to delete itself... whoopeee!! :bang:

HAHAHAH :lol::lol: I love that yer.. Yea well Since Steam decided to delete itself... after working... with no problems... NOW I can't even reinstall the piece of crap that it is. It freezes up not even half way through the installation.... :angry::angry::angry: one, maybe 2 more tries and after that - Steaminstaller, CS, Halflife and all related are being removed. I am tired of this. Seriously this is the only game I have ever had freeze up so much. AND I noticed just the other day the "requirements" just to run steam... They are more demanding than the Half Life engine itself.

I played a map of CS today, quit, then decided to play some more only to have Steam lock up on me. I force killed it (finally) then started it back up only to have it show Counter-Strike greyed out. I reinstalled Steam, CS was back, and I started playing again.

I have to agree. After all the time Steam was in beta...you would think they would have got some of these glaring bugs taken care of. I actually didn't have any of these problems with the beta. Go figure.

its funny cause i used to play the old beta steam and it worked perfectly for me. i never had a problem with it. now thats its the offical release i cant get it to work. every problem that can happen is happening. even the new problem of my comp rebooting itself when i open cs.

wth. it just deleted itself from my comp after 3 days of perfect working. i will leave it uninstalled and not dl the .exe again. i quit. :bang:

Did the .exe just up and disappear all of a sudden? That is what happened to me, and then not too long afterwards AIM some how managed to do the same thing...