Cool Desktop Themes, etc

Fatty

Ok, Homer and the crew in here...

I've seen some cool desktops up here, alterations, etc.

Where do you get these, and are they easy to switch?

I liked Homer's with what looked to be some linked text and stuff. What's out there to try, and where...and how?

Fisrt off im assuming you have XP pro. This only works for pro

get this to patch the uxtheme (this fixes it so you can load themes in your display settings)

Then get this theme (very nice one i have)

Click the install button in winzip for this.

Then you should be able to pick those custom themes in the display proporties. :boing:

Edited by bullet-401

Yep, Bullet's and Homers desktops are seriously sweet. I fiddled with it but didnt get anywhere. I seriously hate working in html. Might give it a try again if I have time.

Yeah for the html code you need to look at the code to find out what they did with it. You cant just edit the visual part(links).

Ok, here is what I have done so far:

bubblescreen.JPG

My question is how do I run more than 1 html file on my desktop at the same time if I am using one as the whole desktop.....let me see if I can make it clearer....the pic above is my html file that I have maximized over my whole desktop....I want to run an active desktop calendar and format it to fit into the calendar space, but when I run the program, the pic above superceeds the calendar and hides it....so can I set a precedence on which one goes on top of the other?

Sweet, BB. I can imagine great things with an active desktop but dont have the knowledge to even do rudimentary things. But I would imagine the answer would be to code the calender into your html page. Of course I know nothing about such things.

I see you have RCT2 there. Do you play it? My kids have it on their computer and love it. Looks neat. I just havent had the gumption to try it out.

The calendar is a program in itself....I believe that it outputs to an html file, but I haven't been able to find that file or do I have the knowhow to tell the calendar program to print to my html file. So, I would like to be able to run it on top of the page I have up now with a transparent background...supposedly that is something the program should do, it works on top of a background but not on top of the active desktop. There is almost no help faq with the prog either.

As an aside, I did all the graphics with Adobe Photoshop. A really nice tutorial can be found @ Phong

I play RCT2 every now and then. I enjoy it, execpt most of the roller coasters that I design nobody will ride!

Thanks for the complements...... B)

Edited by Bubblegum Bandit

• 2 weeks later...