Update from the trenches.

MC_Ranger

Installed Call of Duty tonite.

For those of you that don't know, it's the follow-up game to Medal of Honor.

If you like Medal of Honor you'll love Call of Duty. Graphics and gameplay are all up a couple notches.

Where Medal of Honor was focused around a lot of "Saving Private Ryan" scenarios, Call of Duty is focused around "Band of Brothers".

I'm in the beginning stages of the Single Player game. Recently finished the section where you're racing in a jeep through enemy lines. Bullets flying everywhere, enemy jeeps chasing you. Tanks everywhere. Very very fun.

I played a little multi-player as well. Spent about 30 minutes trying to find a decent server with no luck. Right now multi-player is fairly choppy and players "blipping" all over the place. Could be bad servers or a game that's just not ready for Internet play. Not sure which yet.

Current assessment: Single Player is excellent. Worth the price of the game. Multi-Player has tons of potential and I have complete faith that my experiences will improve.

if theres a linux server for Call to 'doody', link me and ill install it on the new box so you all can give it a shot on a great box with sick bandwidth.
Linux binaries pulled per Acitivision

Activision has informed us that the Linux dedicated server files were prematurely released.  They asked us to pull them, because they have not passed Q&A. They state they should be ready in about a week.  We will have them back up when they are fully qualified and ready for prime time

from http://www.codadmin.com

Let me know if multiplayer is any good. I'm going to plunk down the money if it is.

Specifically I would like to know how it "feels". Does it move like CS? Is the physics engine good? Much lag? Game modes any good? (they sound good).

Most reviews I have read hardly mention multiplayer.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

i have more fun with the mp that I do with cs. The game seems to be more fun without snipers.