COD

Lunk

I got it last night as well.

All I can say is... WOW!

Carantan map is awesome! If you have seen Band of Brothers the entrance into the city is exactly the same. Im wondering if they didnt accurately (to some degree) portray the town how is was in WW2.

I havent played much of the single player. It keeps locking up in the middle of the car chase. Multiplayer search and destroy (de_) is great. I have been sniping more than I did in CS. the pistol is not so far distanced from rifles that it makes it easier to some degree. Of course my style is lay low and be patient which suits sniping in this game. Also you are still pretty accurate unzoomed (still have crosshairs) so you dont feel so vulnerable. Im probably making it sound like snipers are going to dominate but I dont think that is the case. You can heave grenades a mile and a sniper's crosshairs will move as you aim. More so if you standing than if your crouching or prone. But snipers will definetely be a strategical part of play.

Some of the maps are simple and can be figured out very quickly. Others are pretty complex. Again, Carantan is sooo cool cause there is window all over town and makes advancing a nightmare (much like the real situation). But Axis werent very organized the one time I played it. Was able to sneak through a house and plant the explosives most every time.

I just want to play with some peeps I know.

I'm playing single player right now. Just finished the car chase.

Man, this is a great game. Can't wait to hop on tonight and play some multiplayer.

Woot and Double Woot for a new and fun game. :boing::boing::boing:

Heck ya that car chase rocked...gonna have to reload from that saved spot! Nice to have a good driver!

I wonder if you can even get hit while in the car...

X was right on...this IS the best single-player I've played.

Oh my gosh...defending the bridge for 5 minutes waiting for the backup...nutz! CRAZY but awesome...only took me two tries, and the first try only ended because in the frenzy i turned around and popped my buddy.

The bridge kinda gave me fits, just couldn't seem to hold it together. There is another car chase (well trucks), very cool, and tanks.... weaponless soviets.... The end was really cool also. Gonna hafta play it on a harder level now, regular was a challenge, but I finished it.

Heck ya that car chase rocked...gonna have to reload from that saved spot!  Nice to have a good driver! 

I wonder if you can even get hit while in the car...

X was right on...this IS the best single-player I've played.

So this game is better single player than Half Life and Deus Ex(my two favorite fps games of all time), MIght have to check it out if thats what you are saying :P

I'm on the truck chase right now. Made it across bridge and pc rebooted. :bang:

Yeah that bridge took me several tries. Ended up with me and 1 other guy still alive tryin' to hold off 50+ germans. Crazy.

Have to agree, this is a great game. :boing:

The bridge kinda gave me fits, just couldn't seem to hold it together.  There is another car chase (well trucks), very cool, and tanks.... weaponless soviets....  The end was really cool also.  Gonna hafta play it on a harder level now, regular was a challenge, but I finished it.

I just finished the dam. How much further do I have?

First level that took me more than one try (minus the tk ending) was the truck chase. Super cool though!!!

What level did you guys start on? I took the 2nd lowest...I think it might have been "normal" or something.

Started on that same level Fatty.

Half Life and Deus Ex?? Have both of those and couldn't get very far in either without getting bored myself. COD really is entertaining, I think Fatty got it right when he said the atmosphere of it is just soo good.

Seriously.

You actually feel important when the Sarge is barking orders. Right now I am starting my 3rd try at the airfield. This freakin gun is sweet!

Has anyone on DOH/DLM used Teamspeak for teamwork yet (as in split up on channels instead of all in a big hoot and hollar talk)?

lmao, yes, that was wicked....i stood there trying to get a gun, trying to fight the crowd to get in line...then I actually listened to him.

After another two rounds dead I decided to actually note that where I needed to go was on my radar like usual. Shell shock is quite an experience.

I'm now saved in prep to go through the sewers to somewhere...can't remember.

I love it.