Return of the King

rackish

Just got back from ROTK, SUCH A GOOD MOVIE, easily the best of the 3. It's extremley long... 3:45 long, but soo good. The ending was a bit dragged imo, but it was still great. The battles, the storyline, everything, go see this movie now.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

lol i went to see it the night before it opened .. ya know the midnight show.. i worked all day.. then i fell asleep during the first ten minutes and slept threw the whole movie! haha im going again sunday

yeah I enjoyed it...but actually I think 2 was better...

*** SPOILERS ***

did anyone but me think that the scene where Pippin sang was THE SWEETEST SCENE OF ALL TIME!?!?!

Seriously, I think that was one of the best directed scenes I have EVAR seen...

as for the ending...DEAR LORD IN HEAVEN WAS IT DRAWN OUT! :=

just another question...what's your favorite quote from the movie?

mine was in the preview (and was actually said slightly different in the movie)

where the king of Rohan, knowing that he and his soldiers were dead in the battle to come...yells:

"RIDE NOW! RIDE FOR RUIN (or Rohan) AND THE WORLDS ENDING!"

gives me CHILLS....

:o

All I know, is that it was a great movie!

Also, In the preview, there was a scene in which Gandalf and Pippin get cornered by a Nazgul (not Witch King) at Minis Tirith and Gandalf takes him down. This scene was not shown :(

Guess there will be an extended version of this too :rolleyes:

also in the preview...there is a scene that looks like Merry is...well...looks like he's...about to "pleasure" Pippin...that wasn't shown EITHER!

(a friend pointed it out to me in the preview and the scene where it WOULD have been I couldn't stop laughing to myself...totally ruined the scene)

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

This movie should rake in the Oscars... best movie, supporting actor, makeup, costumes, directing, sound.

Easily my favourite movie this year.

This movie should rake in the Oscars... best movie, supporting actor, makeup, costumes, directing, sound.

Easily my favourite movie this year.

Ive said that about the first two but then movies like A Beautiful Mind win movie of the year, while it is a good movie it was nowhere near the level of LotR: FotR imo. I have a feeling this one will get screwed again though might have a better chance since it is the last one.

Best quote: "That one still only counts as one!"

Best quote:  "That one still only counts as one!"

Agreed, I love the comic relief.

Best movie evar.

********* SPOILER **********

As for the scene where Pippin sings, very awesome.

When those elephant things were attacking (sorry I don't know the names and I haven't read the books) I thought to myself, "Geez, why don't they just shoot an arrow into the leg with a rope tied to it and fly around it a few times." :)

************ END SPOILER ************

The ending was perfect IMO, I didn't get any snacks before the movie to make sure I could see the whole thing - so unlike many people I didn't have an extreme urge to run to the bathroom. I enjoyed every bit of it and thought it brought perfect closure to this perfect trilogy.

WOW what a great movie.

I agree completely with that statement, and i LOVE all the comic relief that was put into the movie. The end was just a little bit to long, but i think it was necessary to tie everything back up. My favorite part was the dead army (name?) coming out of the ships/water and storming the battle field.

While I'm sure to tinkle people off with this but I cannot help myself but to say what is true.

The movie was no more than a C. While better than the first it was not as good as the second.

My thoughts of the UNimportance of the ring rang true. The bad guy who got his finger cut off from the king

years ago proved once again to be about as tough as an ewok when he got worked, not by a king, not by a ranger, but by a girl and a hobbit. how lame was that! TOLD YOU PLAYYYA. Let me guess....another lucky stroke of the sword

Again I'll say it...give up the ring and sauron will still get beat down like a little girl.

The Dead army was like watching the haunted mansion. To see the action just die out like that was like watching a episode of knight rider. That was such a lame way to win the war.

Again my thoughts about this story is not very high. In the first place why in trarnation didn't they forge the sword, give it to aragon, go to the cave, tell the dead army follow me and attack mordor ? hmmmmm.

That was soooo stupid when the elve leader told aragon about it and said it will be the most powerful army in all of earth.

it's like HOW THE @#$@#$ COULD YOU FORGET THAT IN THE FIRST MOVIE!!!!!! If there was a sequel I'm sure there would only be a few hundred men but then gandalf would hand aragon a nuclear bomb and say..."oh yea here take this into mordor in a backpack and pull the string."

Theres never a sense of urgency that the good guys will lose. I blame your wonderful peter jackson for this. You always know whats going to happen (without reading the books); good guys are rescued by another army. Can't they change the story to make it somewhat more powerful. There should have been a better way to win the war or battle. I say deviate from the book if the book is lame at that point. It's just WAY too predictable.

The good part was that the war was WAY better than helms deep (sorry scene in 2). I enjoyed the action which was alot of fun. I don't think it was quite there with the crane scene in T3 but it was tops! Still yet I never felt like desperation was near. I think thats always critical to a action movie. Make the viewers feel like all is lost then give them somthing they don't expect. Sadly, we all know whats going to happen all the time, cause they announce it in advance.

At least conceal it in mystery.

My favorite character (golum) died!!!! I was ok with it. This guy is only rivaled by jurassic park 1 on its graphical inovation. AWSOME. Unfortunatley his part is only 1/3 the time when it should have been 1/2 the movie.

The end was WAYYYY TOO LONG! it's like 10 endings. They're all jumping on the bed. Is the movie over? NOT!

All the people bow to the hobbits....Is the movie over? NOT!

WHAT THE? Just end the flippin movie already. BADLY DONE! I can't see anything resolved that wasn't already resolved.

Sam got married......cool

everyone lives happily ever after.....cool

But my main dissapointment was the build up in the first movie that the ring was all that important. Again mordor was about to win and he didn't have the ring. When they showed (the good guys) at the gates of mordor surrounded I thought....WHAT, why didn't sauron send them out! He had the power to win w/o the ring. Much like the first war...

he had the ring and still got beat so it goes again....no matter what he gets beat.

I totally enjoyed matrix series more (although I too disliked revolutions resolutions). I am but one little hobbit like person who stands amist you evil movie critics who love any movie that uses a CPU to generate its effects. Sorry ORCS

this movies a loser no matter how many people love it.

So for anyone who fell asleep which I was tempted to do....SIGNS OF A POOR MOVIE

dont feel bad. Judge with your mind and truth....not with your wishful thinking.

Auggybendoggy

P.S. dont get offended cause i'm shooting it down. I shot down the first movie also. I shot down Revolutions and Star wars ep 1 and 2. all of these are movies that should have been FAR better than they are.

Edited by auggybendoggy

The bad guy who got his finger cut off from the king

years ago proved once again to be about as tough as an ewok when he got worked, not by a king, not by a ranger, but by a girl and a hobbit.

The 'bad guy who got his finger cut off from the king years ago' is Sauron in a more human form. The one who was 'worked by a girl and a hobbit' is the witch king, one of the ringwraiths from Weathertop, the one who stabbed Frodo. They are not the same character.

My thoughts of the UNimportance of the ring rang true.

The ring was unimportant? Then why is it that, when it was destroyed, the entire army of Sauron and his tower and the eye were all destroyed? That seems kind of important, to me anyway.

Cause with or without the ring He gets beat down like a little girl.

So why does he want it so bad. EXCEPT to protect his life. But thats not what is expressed.....at least thats not what I understood from the first movie. I understood...if he gets it he becomes all powerful and nothing can stop him...so he cannot have the ring....it must be destoyed.

So if he does not get the ring he wins. So why find the ring...simply monitor every foot in mordor and the game is over.

all of this smack doesnt help my CS playing at all, Dangit! if only I was as good at CS than i am at trash talk

hmmmm

Edited by auggybendoggy

So why does he want it so bad.  EXCEPT to protect his life.

He wants it so bad because the ring calls to him. Everyone that wears it feels compelled to keep it, it corrupts them. This feeling is not something he can stop, he hungers for the ring's power... he has no choice.

Cause with or without the ring He gets beat down like a little girl.

So why does he want it so bad.  EXCEPT to protect his life.  But thats not what is expressed.....at least thats not what I understood from the first movie.  I understood...if he gets it he becomes all powerful and nothing can stop him...so he cannot have the ring....it must be destoyed. 

So if he does not get the ring he wins.  So why find the ring...simply monitor every foot in mordor and the game is over.

all of this smack doesnt help my CS playing at all, Dangit!  if only I was as good at CS than i am at trash talk

hmmmm

huh? did we watch the same movie?

before the ring was destroyed Sauron had the entire human/elf/etc... army surrounded and had them seriously outnumbered. It was not until the ring was destroyed and the earth fell in that Sauron was defeated.

When they showed (the good guys) at the gates of mordor surrounded I thought....WHAT, why didn't sauron send them out!  He had the power to win w/o the ring.

Had he sent them out his entire force of orcs would've been slaughtered by the dead army... it was wise to keep most of his army back. It's not like he didn't know about the army of dead.

then aragon was a fool to not go to mordor with this army to make certain the hobbits task was completed! For the army of the dead was more powerful than anything. Certainly if a human king can kill sauron with the ring...then the dead army can too. Only this time sauron does not yet have the ring. So again....with or without the ring...Sauron loses. So whats so important about the ring except it will get rid of a loser bad guy? If he gets the ring I assume he'll kick some !@#@ like last time????? of course he will only this time he'll get beat by a girl!

Aug

then aragon was a fool to not go to mordor with this army to make certain the hobbits task was completed!

He may be a fool but he was honoring his word to the dead army by releasing them.

If he gets the ring I assume he'll kick some !@#@ like last time????? of course he will only this time he'll get beat by a girl!

See my post above about how the girl only killed his army leader, who is a ringwraith. She would not be able to kill him if he had gotten the ring this time. He has become as powerful as he was during the last war, this time without the ring. Since he poured all his power into the ring before, he would become unstoppable with it now.

Had he sent them out his entire force of orcs would've been slaughtered by the dead army... it was wise to keep most of his army back.  It's not like he didn't know about the army of dead.

He didn't know about the army of the dead...because they were no longer in the picture. Their deed was done at the end of the assault on Minas Tirith. That is why Aragorn released them from their curse at the end of that battle. When the human army then went to the Gates of Mordor, they were it, there was no hidden dead army.