Unreal Tournament

Unreal Tournament battled with Quake for years over fps domination. I never played Quake, but I loved UT. Well Quake 3 came out, and it looked good. Then Unreal Tournament 2003 came out...and there was no contest. This is by far the most beautiful game created to date. The engine is capable of doing incredible things, and it has been well used from the day it was released. However good the mods have become (and there are some damn good ones!) the original game still is one of the most adrenaline pumping experiances one can have sitting in front of a computer. (playing a game, that is)

As is becoming my habit, I have provided a few screenshots for you.

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

ut2003m.jpg

ut2003n.jpg

ut2003b.jpg

ut2003d.jpg

ut2003e.jpg

ut2003k.jpg

ut2003l.jpg

UT2k3 goes far beyond CTF. There's your standard deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag and bombing run.

Bombing run is by far the most fun. The teams spawn in and race to the middle of the map, where there's a ball. Once a player grabs the ball, he is automatically equipped with the "ball launcher." More or less a gun that holds the ball, and can shoot the ball toward a target. The player cannot shoot, but must run toward the goal (inside the enemy base) and shoot the ball into the goal. It's like football on really cool fields...and the other team is shooting rockets, plasma beams, flack rounds, pulse shards and bullets at you. Definatly an adrenaline rush.

The mod Deathball takes the bombing run concept (the best part of UT2k3) and improves upon it, making it into much more of a sports event.

see I never could enjoy the overly unrealistic games like Q3, UT2003 and others...I seriously tried.

though I thoroughly enjoyed Quake 2 and Unreal Tournament...Q3 and UT2K3 just took it over the edge for me

although I have always thought UT2K3 was gorgeous...:D

nothing beat the old UT Assault mod...that was fun.

Assault wasn't a mod in UT, it was a core game type. Due to many people like yourself, Epic added the Assault gametype back into UT2k3 with one of their Epic Bonus Packs. One of the things I admire about UT2k3 is the bonus packs, Epic has released 3, maybe 4 packs with new material, on free downloads.

Unreal Tournament. I got bored of that game, because i would only play with my friends.

ANd my friends....whew....they are GOOD!!!

3 of them used to play it constantly.

One of em was #1 on WORLD STATS He was amazing!! Only people who could kill him were other people in his clan, both of the other friends were in that clan. So i lost interest, ha, so did they.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or did UT and Quake 3 come out at the same time???

you guys act like ut2k3 came out at the same time as quake 3???

ut2k3 looks better than quake cause it came out a couple years after.

As a side note the UT2k4 demo will be out in a couple weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait.

Q3 still pwns though

UT is just as fun.

UT2k3 is just a rehash of the same fun(and a reason for ATI and Nvidia to continue to sell 3d cards).

i try and start the game and it restarts my whole comp....

im thinking its a ram problem, b/c ive sitched the 2 sticks before when i first got my comp, in different slots and i never had the problem again.

NOw its come back to haunt me...

:(:=

i LOVE running people down with mantas, they are definatly the best vehicle in the game, small fast, and really easy to run people over. and the goliath tank just completly pulverizes everything, at first i had my doubts cus i hated UT2003, WAY to hectic for me, but onslaught is definatly a mode i can deal with, assault has always been fun too. and as always, it all looks amazing.