Future god.

I was reading Dilbert and after reading this it kinda sounds sensible. Okay, complex things are made up of many simple things. Like.. cells making animals and humans, elements to make explosives, etc.. So what if it's true. What if a God, "Jesus", would be in the future and not the past. What if God won't be made until enough simple things can make him? This may sound stupid but it's worth thinking about.

Edited by CowboyFromHell

except that God is outside of time...

that's something people tend to forget...God made nature and all of our laws of science...so he made time, motion, matter...all of it...therefore he's above and outside of it...that being said...alot of what people don't get can easily be explained knowing this.

I find the eternal part hard to understand.

I don't think its even fair to say God is outside of time. That still puts God is a spatial and sequential place.

I've wondered about cowboys statement. Like, If God has no beginning then how many creations does he have....obvious answer is "illegal operation". So there are billions over billions over trillions and never ending number of creations?

I tend to think we humans are so egocentric. I've been told there will be no other creations since it's not in the scripture. Way too many people go on the bible does not say rather than what it does say..like pre tribulationists :)

then again now that i re-read his post I'm not sure I'm following cowboy at all haahahahahaa

anyhow what does this mean

What if God won't be made until enough simple things can make him? This may sound stupid but it's worth thinking about

I don't think i fillow.

(edited)

I think I may email Scott Adams and let him explain for me. Because his idea (making fun of religion though) was that god isn't created yet because "not enough people are connected to the internet yet." I just wanted to know if anyone thought that God was our future.

Edited by CowboyFromHell

the bible does say that the "messiah," the "savior," the "lord" will come again. in a prayer we say in church it says "...He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead." i guess mabe how i take it is..when i die, i think i will meet God, and i will stand before him and be judged. does that make sense? am i being to vague?

No, that's what the Bible says. When Jesus comes again, the "wheat" will be separated from the "chaff". The non-believers will be judged and thrown into the lake of fire while the believers will be made accountable for their life. Judged, if you will, but not judged worthy enough for salvation but rather judged and rewarded based on our life's work. Now what this judgement is for is a matter of debate. Some say it is for the amount of treasure rewarded (the Bible speaks of us storing up our treasure in heaven) but others, like my old teacher, thinks we will be judged to determine the amount of responsibility placed on us in the New Jerusalem.

I haven't made a decision on what it means yet but I know that I will one day find out.

I agree. Bible's clear about God coming back. Aint no two ways about it.

like in the days of noah people will be doing their thing then suddenly the end will come upon em.

people out here on the west coast will be working and partying.

People on the east coast will probably be drunk

and people in the midwest will be at wal-mart :)

On the serious side. whats this thread about anyhow?

sorry knock it was about having ugly kids and gettign em jobs at walmart....from the wonderland posts.

Basically (as a californian) I hold the view that all non-californians hang out at walmart.

OK! OK! I'm just kidding everyone. Dang!...

sorry to leave you confused.

On the "FOR REALS" side of things I totally believe God will be back. I just think that we don't understand the book

of revelation and lots of prophetic scripture. I think I'm off on a tangent...I think this thread started with future God

which I still don't know what the original post meant...

Anyone? Anyone?

(edited)

How hard can it be to understand what I'm saying? Here, I'll draw this out nice and slowly for you. Ready?

1: Dogbert stated that all complex things start from simple things. Like cells and things combining to make animals and whatnot.

2: Dogbert has the idea that when all the people are connected to the internet God will form.

3: Dilbert makes fun of him.

Now I just took the idea that maybe there will be a god, but he/she/it never existed yet. Understand now?

Edited by CowboyFromHell

it's an interesting thought cowboy, but it doesn't hold water. what good is a god that is dependent on a sequence of things happening to "form" him? on that note, what is the worth of a god that has to be formed?

I, for one, would not worship any god that is dependent.

sorry cowboy I'm just not much of a philosopher.

I would think that if everyone is connected to the internet you would not have "GOD" but rather "LAG"

If everyone were connected why would this form "god" I see no relationship to sub-atomic to atomic to molecular -

to cellular to organic or tissue to organism. I see a bunch of people communicating via the internet......again

I see LAG.

I just dont see the cats perspective.

so in dilberts mind he has an idea that God is made up of many people or all people?

Auggybendoggy

I think you guys are trying to make too much of a connection here. I think the point is, as things become more complex (which we all know based on the first two laws of thermodynamics, that this is NOT true) and more and more people connect to the internet, a bigger "brain trust" if you will is formed. I see where Dilbert (or rather Dogbert) is going with this, I just think fundamentally it is flawed.

• 2 weeks later...