1.2 Patch?

Fatty

(edited)
Who cares about realism? Seriously.

If you want realism, as a russian you'd live for about 2 minutes.

WOW THATS GOING TO SELL.

Play for fun.

exactly, why do people complain realism? If you guys want to role play, then there is a bunch of mmorpg games out for you. But beware, i may roll up and kill you, I will also take all your money and items that you have been collecting all day killing monsters......

FPS are supposed to be fun, but you can also show off some hand eye coordination if your good. When people scream realism it nerfs the game. Leave FPS for fun and If you want realism go find a good role playing game.

Edited by NOFX

I'm less annoyed by the 1.2 patch now.

I can pwn again now. There are some changes to gameplay style I had to make:

Increased my rail gun, er, sniper range over previous. It seems like they implemented a range factor in that the closer you are the less accurate your fire is. I have to really hold the X-hairs on the target an extra fraction of second to get a close kill. This seems less so on long shots. Overall the sniper rifles are less accurate. Oh, and the scope thing - I'm getting over it.

MP40 - as useless as the Sten now.

Instead of the Sten and MP40 I'm using the Bren and the MP44. I really like the Bren, it seems like a the new railgun. The MP44 rate of fire, realistic or not, feels painfully slow.

Tango was full last night finally, played there a bit.

In it's absence I've been playing on a server with a GREAT mod at 69.50.173.226:28960

Be warned they have it setup with some movie quotes and I think a few lines from Redneck Rampage with some off-color language. They also run the Quake style "unstoppable" type callouts, and announcemets like "Homer is on a killing streak with 20 and 5!" or "n00b is sucking with 2 and 16!" The GFU mod they are running adds in grunts and screams as one gets shot, weapons can be shot out of your hands (!), and the 'stun' effect where the video stutters and sound goes numb. Great for the realism.

Same here, Homer.

I have joined up with some guys at www.tactical-allied-assault.com TAC. They have two servers...

64.37.120.167:28960 - Headquarters

64.37.120.168:28960 -S&D

The S&D server usually has a game going in the evening. Smaller but that is what I like anyway. They even have a no swear filter which is a must for me :)

They are setup like the military with rank and all. So I have had to put the PVT tag on my name :rolleyes: Im still lethal though ;)

Only other server I frequent is CBW's. Cant stand TDM much nowadays but at least you know there will be decent guys to play with.

GC Founder
Homer,Feb 9 2004, 12:19 PM] The GFU mod they are running adds in grunts and screams as one gets shot, weapons can be shot out of your hands (!), and the 'stun' effect where the video stutters and sound goes numb. Great for the realism.

Got a link to this?