• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Keep getting fake music files which is starting to get on my nerves, but I'll post about some of those songs as soon as I get around to listening to them.

Anyway, in response to birdman.. most mainstream rock bands have one song and every other song they make after it sounds the same. The only way a band gets "big" is by their label pushing their songs way too hard (see: Evanescence).

Nickelback, 3 Days Grace are two perfect examples of why mainstream music sucks. Every song sounds the exact same. Nickeback is a great bunch of guys (they strted off about 1 hour drive away from my house) but hey, their music sucks so I don't listen to it.

There are tons of good mainstream rock bands...

I had a channel called fuse(used to be Much Music) over the summer and all they played was mainstream rock.

I liked about 2/3's of what they played.

Most of the stuff on 105.9 in pittsburgh was also "mainstream" and i loved it all.

All mainstream doesnt suck.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Very nice photo there :o

Funny clip... funniest part is how the first person/people she thanks is her record label... I wonder why :unsure:

I didn't see the White Stripes play, but I'm willing to bet that the funk segment was the best part of the night. George Clinton and the Parliment Funkadelic is awsome. Though old George looked pretty old walkin out on stage. And Outkast is pretty tight doin their thing as well. (even though that wasn't "Outkast" it was just Big Boi and another dude.)

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Eh, that live show wasn't BAD, but I wouldn't say it was good either. The guitar solo was fairly good, but the rest of the song sucked pretty hard. Jack White is a very average guitarist who gets a lot more attention than he deserves.

Also... what's the name of the drummer? She was fine :=

Edit: My friend just informed me that Jack White wasn't actually playing the guitar... hand movements didn't match up for most of it.

Edited by TFR | PDO

Edit: My friend just informed me that Jack White wasn't actually playing the guitar... hand movements didn't match up for most of it.

Please tell me your friend is joking, because if not, he's full of it. If he thinks the guitar parts didn't match up, either his video/audio wasn't in sync, or he has no clue what slide guitar is and how it is played. If he means that the notes on the frets don't match up, that is because the guitar is tuned in Open A tuning.

Oh yeah, the drummer is Meg White.

Edited by SheepNutz

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I doubt my friend would be lying; I've heard him play a few Slayer songs near-flawlessly, so he does know what he's talking about.

You mean to tell me that you actually believe that a band would go onto the grammys, the biggest night for the music industry, and fake playing instruments? Give me a break. You and your friend both must be pretty daft. Get on Kazaa, download the video where they are playing the song "let's build a home" on conan, and tell me that Jack really isn't playing that awesome slide guitar solo on conan's desk. This is Jack White, the 17th greatest guitar player of all time (according to Rolling Stone Mag), not Milli Vanilli. Maybe next your friend will tell you that Les Claypool or Flea fake playing bass.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Sheep, that rolling stone list was absolutely horrible, and I will not listen to any reference of it :/.

And yes, I would believe that people there would fake playing an instrument, it happens at the Grey Cup, the Superbowl, very few musicians lack a thing known as integrity. I'm just saying his hands didn't match up all that well for some of it.

BTW, I forgot to mention Dream Theatre as a band that should be listened to.

Edit: Why The Rolling Stone list SUCKED:

Slayers Kerry King Jeff and Hanneman, Megadeaths Dave Mustaine and Marty Friedman and Dream Theatres John Petrucci

Most of those guys should be in the top 20, THEY WEREN'T EVEN MENTIONED.

(If you don't beleive me on any of those, listen to Slayer - Angel of Death, Megadeath - Hanger 18 or Dream Theatre - The Glass Prison)

Edited by TFR | PDO

Wow, I don't think there's any possible way they could have faked that. The sound of a 1950's Kay hollowbody guitar is very distinct, and plus I've seen several live bootleg videos where he plays the exact same songs. If he doesn't fake them live at his shows, why would he fake them at the grammy's? You and your friend make no sense. So what specific times in the vid do you not think it matched up?

And I was just using the RS refrence to point out that he is just accomplished enough to get on the list. I think Lee Renaldo and Thurson Moore of Sonic Youth should have been pushed up a few spots.