Reinstall

Fatty

Your admin is gone because I just reinstalled the server.

Stats will also be reset....which is not always a bad thing. :)

Please be patient while we test. Right now we need to know that the server RUNS well as a stock server. RCON remains the same so HLSW works.

The only 2 files I uploaded to change the server was the server.cfg and the mapcycle.

Let's let it run like this for a day or two and get some feedback.

Im fine, good ping, no choke, no loss, just please get things back to normal i cant stand the swearing, and the shield. also i believe someone from mygot was in the server just a little bit ago. please hurry with this.

GC Founder

Understood, but please be patient. I need lots of people saying it runs fine. I've been listening to way too much talk about lag to rush this.

Swear filter and shield restrictions will be the first things to be activated.

Soul, Bin Inch was having probs cuz he was running from a crappy net-work not cuz of the Trop...he told that to me today, and BTW it was running smooth for me...however Lunk is right, we need to hurry cuz it does become free-for-all :(

GC Founder

Gets ugly quick, doesn't it? That shows you how much new traffic comes through here even still. Take out the trash and befriend anyone noble.

Good new: X is reinstalling the entire HALFLIFE dir to be even more thorough, and then will have the server back up with:

reserve slots

swear filter

basic admin

logmod

and that's it. Let us know how it's running.

I am not sure what is wrong with my system then. I join the server and get a ping of 30. I have 1-2 secs of lag with video jumping around and if I disconnect Steam then shows Trop having a ping of 1050-2000 and will not let me connect.

If I restart the PC I can connect right away and have the same thing again. This happened a couple months back then went away for a month or so and is now back. I hate this poop.

I just tried switching to Software video and it sucked, then I tried d3d and got the same lag. I went back to OpenGL and increased video to High and sound to low and turned on EAX and it seems better....just waiting for some people to come in so I can test with others.

ill be back to the server when everything is back to normal with the addons. having the shield and some words still getting through the filter is getting annoying. It also feels like all the idiots and hackers have decided to pop up for some reason. :bang:

GC Founder
ill be back to the server when everything is back to normal with the addons. having the shield and some words still getting through the filter is getting annoying. It also feels like all the idiots and hackers have decided to pop up for some reason.  :bang:

I'm sorry you're annoyed. Going stock, then semi-stock has been necessary to solve all of the lag issues that were ruining the server.

GC Founder
Any chance of adding tracers to Assault rifles and PARA???

Not if performance is high on our list of priorities. Add tracers and Mag and Lunk will claim that their bullets aren't registering, so I'd say not by default. We could probably end up with something that you can turn on and play with eventually.