kazaa lite

flux

TeK
(edited)

I have absolutely NO problems purchasing PC games when needed. I purchased COD, BF, WC3, and Half-LifeAlong with others not rly worth mentioning. I'm going to be purchasing HL2 just like everyone else because of the calibur of game.

I DO find it a problem purchasing a PC game and being whole-heartedly upset about it cause it doesn't meet my expectations. You can't rent PC games like you can console games and even console games are downloaded as well. Perfect example for this is Deus Ex - Invisible War. I was a HUGE fan of the first one, this one was just terrible. If I wasted 40 or 50 bucks of my money to buy this game cause it runs garbage on non 3.06 9800XT systems I would have been really angry.

I have NOT downloaded any of the 3 I have mentioned. I was just simply informing you that this world of game, movie, and app rips just gets stronger each day. I'm all for supporting where needed EVEN with music.

I know everyone here has purchases CD's, games, and movies they were really not that immpressed with. If you haven't well then you are lying terribly.

I'm pretty sure 95% of this world doesn't even have a legit copy of the OS that runs their computer and if you say thats different then your a hypocrite.

Edited by TeK

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put a legit OS on every computer I build. I have dual booted before to "test" XP when it came out, but within a month or so I went out and bought it because I liked it.

Many games today have a demo available, and I think this is a big way to prevent "fringe" warez. It'll give you a decent preview and see how it runs on your machine, which is what alot of people are looking for that might venture out to find an illegal copy. It's taken mass broadband to help get out a 100-700mb demo.

I think 95% is way off base, may be reversed however. Corporate systems and all those Dells come with an OS. I'd guess that 85% of the "enthusiast/build-your-own" crowd do have a legit OS.

I have my legit copy of XP Pro, but I also have full legit copies of:

Windows 98

Windows 98SE

Windows ME

Windows 95

.....but I don't use any of those. I'll only put XP on anything I build.

I'm pretty sure 95% of this world doesn't even have a legit copy of the OS that runs their computer and if you say thats different then your a hypocrite.

I'd debate that.

Most people (friends, aquantances in real life) with computers that I know are very low-level users. They bought their computer with an OS installed (and paid for it within the package). Even if I took 95% of you guys and assume you didn't have legit OS installations, I'd have enough newbie real-world friends to counter that until it was a much lower %.

(edited)

2 things

1) I used to be a massive pirate...once had a cd-booklet worth over $13,000 in programs at the time...I got over it when I realized I never used 1/16th of the stuff I downloaded. Now I go legit like crazy...especially on things you pay a one time fee for (video games, software, etc.)

sometimes I still download a movie or tv-show to watch a couple times...but that's it.

I always found piracy amongst geeks to be funny...it's like our sports cars...we compete to see who can be the best at it when it really doesn't matter.

2) anyone know how I can get mIRC to work on my pc? I need to know the specific ports to forward...but the problem is that there are no static IP's on my network to forward them to and my roomate freaks out when I even mention it.

*edit*

I also own my copy of XP Pro.

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

1) Try 25x that figure and I could say the same. I agree with your general shift, it reflects my own. Although, I think that there is some satisfaction nowadays over mp3's and moviez about sticking it to the Man. P2P sharing is redefining the music marketplace, whether the Man likes it or not.

2) mIRC uses port 113 iIRC. :D Slap your roomate or buy your own router.

Maybe saying 95% of this world was a little overboard and for this I apologize.

As far as music, movies, and games are concerned. Most people DO buy them. I buy things where I see fit as stated before.

Music is my real main gripe. For every 15 dollars I spent on a cd for which I liked one song on...I could buy myself a new computer. If I find myself liking songs found on the CD, I have no problems shelling out the 15 dollars for the CD. But the truth of the matter is that artists in today's age haven't really been putting out great music. This is just personally my tastes. Other people on here may like different genres of music in which they put out quality albums consistently.

The whole movie topic for me, last movie I saw in the theatre was Matrix Rev and I fell asleep during it. I don't find myself watching nearly as many movies as many other people do to the fact I'll probably dislike it.

P.S I don't download movies. That screenshot was taken mearly as a proving shot. The download was cancelled soon after.

I rarely even have time to game ne more anyways. I just do some work for gotfrag and a game of CS or 2 with my team. Aside from that its school work.

Sorry this topic turned into this fest of who downloads more and whose more legit than who. I apologize. I was mearly stating my opinion on the subject at hand.

Flux, those sounds are purposely inserted by companies like RIAA to disuade downloaders. A bunch of people get them and start sharing them, and it gets to the point where most everything on Kazaa has been jacked. That was their goal, I imagine. Good thing I don't download music...

What surprises me is that some people can build computers here and overclock video cards and processors and have a vast knowledge of computers in general(None of which I can rly do), but they don't know how to take a screenshot of their desktop and put it into paint and save it :/ .

Here i'll give u a hint Hitman.

#data_ _ _ _ _ is the channel ;) .  I can prolly enjoy this game a lot :P .

whats the use.... we don't have the server :P

Now I go legit like crazy...

well, i'm a pirate but, i would like to be more legit. i don't take back everything i downloaded but seeing that i do not have a job at the time. and if i did it would not be enuff even to go as legit as i want to. now can we plz close this before it turns into a huge flame topic. i was proud at once to have made this topic yo 70 something posts :P