Some nice WoW info/screenshots

chuckleslove

Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guests

I am hoping the gfx lag isn't like EverQuest. But gfx are much better.

I am hoping the gfx lag isn't like EverQuest. But gfx are much better.

I dont think their will be any way of avoiding lag during raids. 100+ people in close range will likely make the best PC lag.

how does beta look and run on your pc chuckles ? the screenshots from that guy are very nice for a mmo.

Im in beta second phase, I wont be in the beta for another 2 weeks or so.

EDIT: On my friends pc however it runs nicely. He has a Radeon 9800 pro 128MB, Athlon 2600+, 1 GB PC 2700.

eh, there's a bit of a performance gap between the GeForce 4 Ti 4400 and the Radeon 9800 Pro. Anyone know if WoW will make use of DX9 features? If so, you'll want to upgrade to a DX9 compatible card there, C.

Well, the GeF4 TI 4400 supports all but a couple of the DX 9 features, it will be good enough for me for now :P Maybe if I get more money Ill upgrade ;) And sure his vid card is better than mine, but my processor is faster and I have a 10,000 rpm hard drive vs his 7,200. I don't think my pc will have any trouble running the game though like any MMO you get 200 people in one location and no matter what your PC is it is going to chop along.

I dont think their will be any way of avoiding lag during raids.  100+ people in close range will likely make the best PC lag.

i cant wait to find out in open beta, and i kinda hope it does make my pc hurt. Either way, if your pc can run it, theres no guarantee the server can.

I dont think their will be any way of avoiding lag during raids.  100+ people in close range will likely make the best PC lag.

i cant wait to find out in open beta, and i kinda hope it does make my pc hurt. Either way, if your pc can run it, theres no guarantee the server can.

They make the servers able to handle usually about 4500 people. I know the DAoC servers are actually something like 23 pcs running together. They run them on multiple pcs in small clusters. A well built MMO will be able to handle thousands of people in one area its not a problem of the servers ever.

sounds good on paper. this will not be my first mmo and i have experienced server side lag.

So have I, but in DAoC it is much less than say Shadowbane or SWG. DaoC had one of the smoothest MMO launches to date whereas the servers for SWG and Shadowbane were so unstable it wasnt even funny. I think Blizzard will be able to put together a nice server and make it stable and fast.

theyre used to dealing with unpredictable servers...you know the whole

battle.net thing...If youve ever heard of it ;)

MMOs are a horse of a different color but im sure blizzard can handle it