My cat is wierd

gOOters

So, I taught my cat to play fetch. He loves it. He usually fetches my wife's hairties, but he has this little half-shredded foam ball that he loves too.

He will go get it and drop it in my hand for me to toss to him. So here is the wierd part. If he brings the little foam ball back and hasn't dropped it yet, he will freak out when I go for it. Of course, I love to tease him so I always go for the ball. He growls and starts breathing REALLY wierd...like snorting and panting while he has his little teeth dug into the ball. If I tug real lightly he continues to freak. If I just rip it outta his mouth he calms down immediately. So...what is that about?

Any vets in here?

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

My dogs the same, will take her toy to you, but if she hasn't dropped it yet she'll jump away the second you move close and roll on her back and play with it.

Probally just wants to play and doesn't know how to growl :P

I've seen that before with one of the nicest cats we ever had. Completely calm and mellow. Once he caught a mouse... the damn thing freaked out for over a hour as I followed him around trying to take the mouse. It's completely a predatorily thing. You'll see it a lot of that in dogs when they eat their food, they usually don't like to be approached when eating.

They may be domesticated, but thousands of years of instict of living in the wild is hard to get out of them. Perfect example, when dogs spin around in a circle for like 2 minutes before they lay down, It's instict from sleeping out in the wild. Pushing the grass down to have a safe place to sleep. Similar to cats when they do the "paw pushing" when they lay down.

Come to think of it... I get really mooding when my fiance touches my food. o0o

;)

While I'm posting on it... here a pic of my dog and my cat :D

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Nice pictures Linch!

I should really get one of my dog when she's all fluffy and nicely groomed, she usually will walk right up to the webcam for some reason.

I have a miniature chiwawa (smaller than a normal chiwawa which is pretty damn small), he's damn cute so people like to pet him, but he'll usually bite them and freak out barking, he looks nice, but he's really a little beast. The great thing is though is he'll never be bigger than 3 pounds :)

(edited)

my lil hot dog's the same. he will play fetch but will not drop the ball. instead u have to take it from him and he'll grawl when you do. but when u take it, he stops and will lick you. I taught him to do this by grawling at him when we played fetch. then he started to mimic me and has been doing it since.

Edited by YoMamma

*** The following lines may contain material unsuitable for children under the ages of 16 ***

is it weird that after i SAB (most of you know what that stands for) i am able to communicate with my sisters cat?