More Snakes

Gond

Well, saw 2 of them sunning in the front yard this morning. Didn't get a good look but they appeared to be brown with a yellow stripe. Mean anything to anyone? There were 2 of them, bout a foot long & they slithered under my porch.

probably just a northern brown snake. they are brown with yellow stripe. non poisonous but come in pairs usually staying together. i would look under your porch to make sure they arent having more snakes under there. This is the time of year snakes are mating and having more snakes.

As far as size goes, they are full grown. one foot up to a foot and a half is usually the adult size.

unfortunately i run into a lot of snakes because of my work but most are safe.

Definately a pair of them & they are living under my porch. Missed a 2nd opportunity to nab one of them but if the sun is out tomorrow I'm going on a mission...I'll get some pics.

Yeah.. you could try to relocate them. I wouldn't kill them tho as they eat things that are more of a pest than the snake themselves.. I would think after a while they'll relocate themselves as they wish to interact with you no more than you do them :) No offense or anything Gond. Lol :)

All i know about snakes are how to identify a Coral snake from a non coral snake.

The two snakes share a pattern. The have 3 stripes, a red stripe, a yellow stripe, and a black stripe.

Remember this Rhyme if you come across one and you're not sure

If red touches yellow, you're a dead fellow

If read touches black, you're ok Jack.

This is the Scarlet King Snake. It's the non-poisionous snake

sckng.jpg

This is the Coral snake. This is the one you want to avoid.

coral.jpg

Edited by Xterminator

Haven't seen them in a couple days but it's been chilly. Do you think by sitting on the porch telling them about my political views they have run off? ;)

I guess I should just get used to them...They really do no harm. It's more the way they freak me out when I'm cutting the yard...to be walking along and all of a sudden see this thing slithering away :=

The hard part is to keep from instilling the fear I was given from my mother into my daughter...maybe some day I'll just grab one and see they aren't so bad.

Yeah address yoru fears Gond, once you get past the initial fright, you might like the little boogers. They eat yard pests for you and are scared ****less of you. Also, they are no more dangerous to hold and handle than a worm.

I like snakes ^_^