Selling computer parts

rackish

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, you dont. you can choose to sell to whom ever you want regardless of bid really, if you dont trust someone then dont sell to em. Simple as that really when selling in a forum like this. Of course if someone doesnt send the money you could always leave some feedback on the forums so people in the future dont trade/buy with this person. I think that would be a good thing, i have dealt with a few here that have done that but keep the names to myself. :boo:

some people in other forums use something called heatware, i think its something to leave feedback on... not too sure about its specifics.

-edit- sp

Edited by All Kill3r

Rackish,

As an impartial (well, I'm not buying...) person here, I can't quite say that I can vouch for all community members, but it's about as good a climate as you'll find online. I've bought and sold a couple hundred items on Ebay and there are just crummy people out there. I'd like to think that this community is above that.

As far as the money the most airtight ways are to ask for a US Postal Service money order or to use Paypal, that's what I do with my Ebay stuff. Next would be a personal check and letting it clear, but that takes time. Also, you might want to let people bidding know that one of the following applies:

1) shipping is included

2) shipping is $xx.xx

3) shipping will be determined by buyer and seller and will be the actual cost.

You can probably guess who in the community are longstanding members that will treat you right, and those you don't know, well, they are probably ok too. Use you head and you'll do fine.

And as a seller you have some responsibility too. Make sure to pack the items well and in antistatic bags in working order. Include as much as you can - extra cables or connectors, manuals, and put the item in the original box if you have it or it came with one. Let your buyer(s) know that you got their payment, that you shipped it on so and so date and by what means. Follow up and make sure they got it in working order. Building a good reputation just doesn't happen.

(edited)

Good advice both Homer and Killer, I guess I'll use my judgement on who to sell em too (probobly killer, he's got a good face ;)). I don't know how to package what I'm gonna send, I don't have any orignal boxes or manuals, all i have is the install cd for the audigy, hmph, I'll figure something out.

Edited by rackish

I will bump Killer to $42 on the Audigy.

I will jump to $45 on the Vid Card.

Remember - you do not have to sell if you do not like the prices.

I prefer to pay with paypal but I can send a money order if you like. I do not think there is a question of my validity...just ask Fatty, I have paid him over 150 so far through paypal.

Soul, I trust you completley (I don't know you well), I've seen your posts, and you seem mature and trustworthy, I gotta think of a way to sell em.

Btw it would be easier if someone bought both items :P , and bidding is over @ 8 (sorry killa, I know you went out tonight, or something :()

I'll go $55 on the vid card. Thanks for extending it btw...I just now read that you were opening/closing the bidding.

BTW, I have purchased stuff from Playaa before. I sent the check and when he received it, he mailed me the item. I also can PayPal if you have an account set up.

Well, since no one is offering anything for that DVD burner, I'll go ahead and throw up a $30 bid.

What kind is it?

How old is it?

What speed is it?

Roughly how many discs have you burned on it, and how many "coasters"?

BTW, I have purchased stuff from Playaa before.  I sent the check and when he received it, he mailed me the item.  I also can PayPal if you have an account set up.

he also got in a trade with me that I backed out on and even tinkled someone else off with.

:P

yeah, I'll back dweez (how's that KVM workin for ya? even using it?)

Crow, I don't think it's a dvd burner...I think it's a CD-Burner/DVD Combo drive...most likely

Yeah, Homer, that's the one. I haven't actually used it yet (had a work project here at home and brought a 4-port home to use so haven't had the need yet). If/when I get my 2-in-1 system running, it will be in there.

(edited)

Ok, I'm opening up a bid to my old computer(it's taken apart): http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search/docum...cName=c00024879

if anyone wants anything tell me, except the motherboard.

And crow my dvd/cd burner is there.

The reason this computer doesn't work is because the motherboard burned out(or that's what the compusa guy said, and I'm pretty sure he's right), sorry for not posting this issue before, I'm not sure if all the other stuff works (I assumed they would, just not the motherboard, but after thinking about it, maybe the other stuff got burnt out too). There's a TINY black mark on the memory holder of the mobo, and I'm pretty sure that's what killed it, ask questions if you'd like to know more. I had just assumed everythig else would work, and I DEFINTLEY don't want to send any of you broken cards, thanks again.

Oh ya I'm leet!!!

Edited by rackish