America's Army

Jiffy

Well, i know there was some interest back around christmas time. I wasnt to enthusaid when i wasnt able to run it well enough to enjoy it. I am able to now!

Anyone want to try it once more? I know Crowbar, Longhair, and Kurtz played some, How about some new faces as well as old?

I am dl it now from fileplanet as i type, hope to up and running owning bad guys tommorow ;)

Let me know, i would love to play some more.

I played it around x-mas time.. And i never got past one part of the boot camp training.. It remember it almost being a glitch in the program, maybe with the new version its fixed.. And now that i have lots of space on my new hd ill dl it again.. :)

The live jump for the Airborne test is a pain in the arse. The game will fail you if you do it perfect, then one time, for no apparent reason, it'll pass you.

Tips: do everything mentioned in the practice jump. after the chute opens, look up at your chute, turn your head as far as you can in both directions. as you get close to landing, keep your eyes level, and look 90 degrees to your right or left. flair the chute befoe hitting the ground. also, as you're floating down, make sure you hit each direction key at least once.

35 on the marksman? yeah...me too...

35 on marksmen for me too...and the funniest part...the one I missed was the last target and it was the closest target possible...I put my ironsights on the target, waited to the bottom of the breath, fired....and missed...

was SOOOO mad

top of breath is better.

I just started a new guy, MIGHT start another one soon with no clan name.

Currently I play under one of these names:

[Mmmm]Crowbar 19-ish Honor

crowbar.gc 10 Honor

probably won't use the crowbar.gc name anymore though.

usually I play on the MOUT McKeena map, since it's small and fast and even if you die by a nade at the beginning of the round, you don't have to wait too long for the next round. Some of the more advanced maps you could be waiting 12-15 minutes before you get back into the game. So I tend to stay on the smaller maps. Another good one is Collapsed Tunnel. Pipeline is good too.

Hope to get to play with you soon. Find me online.

well so far I'm not really enjoying the online play...there is no explanation of objectives, teams don't talk with each other and it just seems like a slower paced counter-strike so far...

but...I'm trying to get through special forces training and then I'll see what the SF servers are like

(finally got 38 on my accuracy test, but after seeing how much breathing effects the sniper rifle and how people play online, I don't think it's worth it)

lol, for an explanation of the objectives, you've got to read the objectives. F3 (team select). read what your mission is there.

it is slower paced then CS, depending on the map. Like I said, play smaller maps and the games are just as fast as a CS game.

Overall, you have to realize that America's Army isn't your typical FPS. There's a whole lot more there, and it takes a while to learn. It's not too difficult, but it's not a brainless run around getting kills type of game. I like that, fewer idiots out there playing AA.

It's not too difficult, but it's not a brainless run around getting kills type of game. I like that, fewer idiots out there playing AA.

and that's exactly what I like....

I spent 20 minutes in slow prone mode trying to work my way past the first enemy camp on the Special Forces test and had a BLAST doing it...the slowness of the game is why I want to play it...however when I play online...it IS like CS on every server I've found...no communication, lots of running around, no backing up your teammates...

what servers do you play on Crow? post em up...and do you use Ventrilo or Teamspeak when you play? (this game would DEFINATLY benefit from voicecomm)

yep, I'm almost always on the DOH/DLM teamspeak when I'm playing.

The only server where I'm somewhat of a regular is the TeamAMD Army server. www.teamamd.com is their website and it's definatly worth a look. Very nice site, and real friendly community. It's like a mini version of ours, except most of the guys are older, a couple of them are even executives at AMD. (the team has no official affiliation with AMD, however)

Their server is always on the map River Basin, so just filter for River Basin and you'll find the TeamAMD server easy enough. They have their own TS server as well, not sure how many people use it though.

As for the team aspect, it depends who you play with. I was playing on a random pub a couple days ago and there was a guy on my team using hand signals. And usually there is at least one guy on each server that knows and uses the radio commands. I'm learning them, so far I use "Enemy Spotted" and "Hooah". Lol, not much, but it's a start. Also, make sure you make good use of the "U" key. Reporting in is a major part of learning the map, and making sure you don't light up your teammates. Look first, shoot second. You'll die more until you can recognize the enemy faster, but it's worth it. Having negative Honor sucks. And get it down below 9 and you won't be able to play on most servers. Try playing on the MOUNT map, on the Official Army Training servers until you hit 15 Honor. Get on a good team and you'll rack up the Honor pretty fast. And the map will get you very familiar with aiming/shooting. Then you can move on to maps like River Basin where you can concentrate on moving and working with the team. (not that you shouldn't work with the team on MOUNT. I've seen/experianced some great teamwork on that map.)

nope, did the classroom test, but E&E takes more time and patience then I have. I've played SF_Sandstorm and SF_CSAR a couple times, Sandstorm was really fun, but CSAR lags even on my 9800 Pro. The only benefit to doing the SF training is that you can use a customized m4 on the SF maps. If you want to see what the m4 is like, play defense on Weapons Cache SE or play Radio Tower. You won't be able to use your mods, but you do get the basic m4. With the next version of AA, I believe the SF roles will become much more important. Until then, I think it's a waste of time.

• 2 months later...

Ah, you bunch of n00bs, hehe need to get into the game for some serious fun. Meet me on the battlefield anytime for some real fun. I need to get my kills up and what better way to do this then use you guys. You guys are funny, hehe. Look me up if you want to play!!!

User name: DoctorDread[TeamAMD] I live on Riverbasin, CSAR, Arctic. Live hard and die free!!!!

Abracadabra..... Nope we can still beat you.