New Webpage

Trouble .gc

what are you asking ?

i recommend finding a website layout you like and stealing the code for it and editing it, easier then starting from scratch. :D

Rule #1 - patience young grasshoppa.

Make sure your making the page in a resolution that is pretty common..... i made one in my default res ( 1600x1200 ) and when it went online other people had to scroll sideways only to find a whole other screen of stuff over there too :o I had to scrap it and start over.

I use SmartFTP for my ftp needs, not Frontpage's built in ftp program. Photoshop for graphics ( which i know you have been learning :) )

Other then that just play around and have fun. Dont be scared to delete what you have done and start over, practice is the way.

Rule #1 - patience young grasshoppa.

Make sure your making the page in a resolution that is pretty common..... i made one in my default res ( 1600x1200 ) and when it went online other people had to scroll sideways only to find a whole other screen of stuff over there too  :o  I had to scrap it and start over.

I use SmartFTP for my ftp needs, not Frontpage's built in ftp program. Photoshop for graphics ( which i know you have been learning  :)  )

Other then that just play around and have fun. Dont be scared to delete what you have done and start over, practice is the way.

what is a common resolution?

i scrapped everything and started over lastnight....took me like 3 hours :(

i was using FTP, but i don't know how to set it up from that....any newb webpages that could help?

Whats wrong with frontpage?  It's definitely easier to use than dreamweaverMX  :blink:

hah for real...I HATE dreamweaverMX...frontpage is usefull because you can see the code change the page layout.

use PhP :=

Frontpage, as well as most other web editors, always gunk up the code with their own crap tags that aren't needed. As for Frontpage itself, when I used it a few years back, it was very cludgy and didn't work that good. I have heard from a friend though that the last version out was much better.

For me at least, frontpage was a good learning tool... now I prefer notepad though. Although I might use frontpage for really complex tables or something, and then cut that code into notepad.

i don't know about html tags at all, nor do i really have the desire to learn them right now....it may be a fun summer project for me...i just want something simple and nubbish...

did i even post up what i got? go here to see it...what needs improvement?

knock...go here

it's where I learned how to build a webpage a long time ago.

by the way...if you don't want to bother with learning html it's not really worth learning web design...it's going to take you so much longer to design a good page without knowing html

side note...if you put your email address into a webpage using Frontpage...it puts it into the HTML in a format that spam bots can find and spam...so never ever ever use frontpage to save a page with your email address...or you will be welcoming the spam

Looks good for a first page! One thing I noticed is that you used spaces sometimes to line things up, which generally isn't a good idea. You should always try to use tables whenever possible.

Also you can get rid of the blue border around all your pictures if you right-click the picture in frontpage, go into properties (Appearance tab) and change border thickness to 0.

www.htmlgoodies.com is another good online resource. HTML is pretty simple Trubs, once you understand how the system works all you have to do is remember the tags. I always forget, so I bought "HTML for dummies" because it has a nice index in the back with all the different tags in it. Site is lookin good, psychadellic!!!

Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guests

Dreamweaver is by far the best program unless you get good enough to use notepad. Like most things once you learn the basics its easy to make a great page. You can also see how other people do their sites and steal ideas using the source. Helps alot, that way you can combine ideas you like and incorporate them into your site however you like.