Admin abuse

Gunman

Stop the abuse guys....I don't even like thinking about it let alone hearing about it...one guy complains, no biggy....two...still no biggy...but when we have regulars complaining about being the butt of the abuse that is taking it too far.

I would think we could respect regulars, let alone newcomers, a little bit more than we have been lately.

"Oh...no worries, there are other servers for them to play on..."

"If they don't like it they just can't take a joke..."

"Get used to it..."

NOT good responses I am afraid...I do not want any names to be named here, that is not what this is. If you are using the exec command on people just for YOUR fun at THEIR expense...STOP.

I know everyone has tried it at some point just for fun, no big deal...if you stop that is...

Think of an administrator as someone who moderates what is going on in game, and as someone who has a responsibility to their "customers" to keep them coming back. Satisfy as many people while ticking few off...its hard to do, but that is what makes a good admin...

Gunny

i don't see what the big deal is...

austin was a regular, and he got it...and got over it (i think)

i think that Duff was kinda out of line with the "i've lost respect for mmmm" sorry that he feels that way but its not enough to loose respect over...

i understand where you are comming from gunny, i just think that some can't take a joke...and if they need to be completely serious to play cs then maybe they shouldn't play on a pub :blink:

i play cs every day...and now i have only seen 2 people complain about it...so this is not something that is happening on a regular basis...

ya it sucks that duff was the one who got picked on, but maybe it was him because he is a reg...if he didnt like it he should have left before it made him sooooo angry that he lost respect for mmmm...imo

ps everyone needs to have some fun now and then

My point is...why should he have to leave?

Some people play the game when they have only a little time to play...maybe 20 minutes or less...and in that time they get so many rounds, and to have their fire key bound to kill ruins a couple of those rounds...so it sucks to have to sit and watch people run around for 10 minutes while you get laughed at...

I have done it, not recently, over a year ago...but it wasnt fun when it happened to me...and i wasnt laughing...even though the admin was...

Gunny

Some people have fun just playing CS the way it was intended to play. Some people pop on when they have about 15-30 spare minutes and it would upset me too if I came on only to find I was being jerked around with.

I'm not saying don't have fun, but what happened to just playing CS?

My point is...why should he have to leave?

Because you said so?

You answer your own question everytime you step in the server from what I have experienced...you are a jackdonkey...learn to love being abused or just leave.

Gunny

Gunny your in here defending one client, yet you publicly bashed another. Where is the line?

--------------------

I'm gonna go deep left field here and give me thoughts on why this might be happening. When I'm in the server, I play to have fun... not for score, not for wins. Team work, and some fun interaction with players makes the game for me.

I tend to get real sour when players come in and whine from minute one, complain after every death, and do very little to help anyone. I don't think I'm a lone on this, and I'm very guilty of changing the map to a "3rd party" map to flush out some of these guys. Maybe some of these guys are making them selves a target for execs, etc?

I wanna give a example of whining players, and I hope we can keep this in house. One of our regulars (Din0) has been playing in our server for several months, he was fun to play with, and all around was a good team player. NOW, every death, every round he complains, whines, etc ,etc. I've seen this happen to so many players for the past years. I really lose respect for these guys (din0, Austin, bear, vain, and a few others I cant think of right now)... Don't you guys think this is a big factor for some of us "picking" on some of them? So if the issue that admins are disrespecting clients, or is it maybe some clients have no respect for the server/teammates, and cause a lot of us to be frustrated?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this...

Just a couple thoughts on this issue.....

What kind of server you looking to run and why is it there? Are you looking to expand the clan and get more of a good rep thus becoming more popular or are you fine being known as just another server thats the same as all the rest? I would hope you would want and try to make your server stand from the rest. In that aspect then I would say most definitily admins should always respect the regulars as well as the new comers. There are better ways to deal with them then the ones I am hearing here. If regulars complain all time and what not at least for warn them before any action is taken, you could e-mail them, post it on the forms or private message them about this and what actions will be taken if it presists. As far as the map thing goes always put up a map vote and let the majority decide on what they want. A admins job is to keep the server free from cheaters and fun for the rest not just the admin.

Point out ONE thing Duffman has done recently to deserve this treatment.

xaustin is an @$$hole...period. His attitude sucks, he is a poor client to deal with and he is childish and cries when he gets in trouble.

We all know austin deserved it, a reason was stated...and he still cant accept that he did something wrong...

Innocent till proven guilty...

The reason i say no names is because I 100% will not call a brother of .gc out in public...its just wrong. Period. If you did it, and you have any feeling that you did something wrong...then we dont need to name names...

Gunny

for every one jagoff like san or vain theres 5 that arent that way.

I dont know if duff has changed since i used to play more frequently but i could never stand playing with him....the same way i cant stand playing with vain.

this has nothing to do with admin_execcing on him or anything but gunny if you were there or whatever....why does he have to come mmmbash the forums...why couldnt you 2 just talk it out?

seems like just another bad apple rolling along the i need sympathy path to me...

or i could be completely wrong...in any case ill still throw my 2 pennie at ya ;)

If he really did something wrong this time then I will step back...

Only reason for this post is because of the recent hike in abuse claims...even if by bad clients they cannot just be tossed out the door.

Again, if this was warranted and he did something to the extent that a warning was surpassed and went straight to the exec'ing then I will step back and say: Good work admins...get the jerks out of the server so better people can play...

:)

Gunny

Gunny, how often have you played lately?

To many peeps are runnin' in here complaining that they got abused. When in fact they've done something to bring it on themselves.

Secondly, I agree with Trouble on this. It's a game. And to have him come in here and say "I've lost respect for Mmmm' over something like this. Then as far as I'm concerned he can leave.

Duff???? :unsure: worked up about it?? o0o Duff can be the same @ss you complain about austin for; and austin can be the same nice guy duff can be.

Who is the "brother" btw? Isn't this .gc only here? I'm just not sure what even happened.

ok just to clearify...

What happend is probably admin abuse that got a lil over the line....

Today at aft some guy named Quack? jumps into the server plays alright no probs. After some aim_glocker and scoutz we go to aztec...

Then this Quack dude starts to yelll "Shaw can we go to aim_glocker?" "shaw can we get a vote for glocker!" "shaw GLOCKER!" ...

ok so my patience has limits too and after couple of responses "maybe later" "sure u can get a vote" I get a lil annoyed by constant requests being thrown in my face and I decided to have a lil fun with the guy who wouln't shut it.

For one round I bind his fire key to "BANG! btw I asking too much"

This gets him frustrated as I can tell by his constant "wow not cool admin" "wow plz change it back" "change it back!!!"

He didn't die that round and the first thing next round I put him back to normal.

But he won't shut it now....still going how this is so out of control blah blah how upset he is now and etc...

So now with this reaction I decided to push him a lil bit more...jsut for the heck of it to see how more red faced he will get :P

so I change his name to "Quack? - I whine too much"

at this point he renames himslef to "lame" goes something like " so thats the way u want to treat ppl here....ok bye"

Yes maybe I was somewhat execclient happy one this one and trust me I be avoiding it as much as possible from now on...but in my defence all I can say that some ppl could be so annoying that u just want them to stop yipping away you name period....I probably just start using aliases from now on I guess.

Today at aft some guy named Quack? jumps into the server plays alright no probs.

For one round I bind his fire key to "BANG! btw I asking too much"

Curious... I recall being in the server 2 or 3 days ago and someone decided to exec Quack?(aka Duff) to say "BANG" several times.... I guess this may just be a coincidence. I might be wrong on that, but I'm 97.2% sure it was Quack? that was done to the other day. Logs might prove me wrong...?

Gunny,

First of all, the only problem I have is you acting all rough and tough like your're going to waltz in here and throw some of your weight around. I keep wondering, while reading your post above, if you remember you're the only person to ever have had to have admin removed. And your post in public:

Sorry to hear about the situation Duffman. I really am...

Will discuss...no worries...

Gunny

:hug: Duff

What is that? Some sort of "you'll be glad you know me, Duff" post? You'll do nothing but raise defenses bringing 'tude in here, Gunny.

--------

So what are we gonna do about it? Is it solved? etc? My example weeks ago was not concluded, although I was up front and honest about my abuse. If that's the case, be honest. However, I think some of this "bothersome" stuff should be brought up in public while Duff still stands as some sort of model citizen.

Nubus,

Good points, but I must point out to you that the VERY reason this type of thing happens is because for years and years we've been doing this and have kept our standards very high. We are by no means in some sort of creation mode with CS....this is maintainance all the way. True, though, is what you say about vision.....need to realign here and decide where we want to take this game.

We've been here before...having to re-up and commit to putting the client first. No, that doesn't mean let the jerks run wild, it just means to be more careful.

I am somewhat out of the CS scene lately...but I have to ask...are we having fun in there? Is the game a game? Perhaps here is a good place to discuss, perhaps not here.

Also, check your email. This could be a good time to do a SWOT analysis.....we'll do one in-house first, and then we'll get some public feedback.

See your email please.

I was reassuring him that he wouldnt get blown off like some people do.

That is all...I just wanted to make sure this exec'ing isnt getting out of hand. That is all...I do not want to see people ticked off at us because we would rather use admin commands on someone than just kick or warn them.

Again, it appears it was warranted, so I am stepping back...

I remember the warning system...that worked pretty well...

Gunny

That guy had a legitimate beef. No one EVER offered to explain or apologize. He may have been a pain in the past but in that situation it was unwarranted abuse. At least that is what I it looks like to me from just reading the topic.

that's something Rev (Congregation) said in the public topic...and to be honest...I actually agree with him.

I don't know, I mean there are some people I can't stand that I play CS with *cough*vain*cough* but even when those people get abused it gets me riled up...I've been the victim of admin abuse in the past due to my complaining...and believe me...it tinkled me off greatly...so even when someone is a complete idiot...I don't know...I just feel like we should be above the abuse factor...the whole thing about "going down to their level" kinda sticks out to me.

now understand, I'm not calling anyone childish or calling anyone out...in fact I LOVE the way the community servers (mostly Mmmm ones) have been run since back in 2002...but that doesn't mean I don't think that they have been run perfectly at all times...

by the way...Fatty you said this:

What have we always said about people posting in the banned threads who aren't involved?

only that's not a "banned" thread...it's a thread on the discussion of adminning of .gc servers

:P

oh yeah, another thing.

about the whole "it's a game" thing...

some people ONLY play in pubs...some people play games as serious as they can and have fun that way...using admin for valid reasons is cool and all (like the situation with Duffman...I find it warranted, plus I think Shaw should explain it out there as well)...but in some situations like when a player is doing amazingly well...I can't stand it when admin is pulled out just for spite (I've seen .gc admins rocket players that killed them...I've seen .gc admins slap players who were camping in strategic spots because they didn't think the guy was helping the team, etc.)...I don't think that's right.

now granted...I don't have admin...so maybe none of what I'm saying matters.

*shrugs*

I remember the warning system...that worked pretty well...

This is a GREAT point. The warning should be used FIRST in all cases before punishment is started.

Again, playaa, concerning the austin reference...none of this applies. Dag nabit why won't people read??? I agree with him too! It was unwarrented, unnecessary, and no, I never apologized. I'm not hiding a thing. Was it right? Of course not....Fatty did something very wrong. Who are we arguing with and why don't we understand that no matter how many times we say it, nothing changes. I abused Austin, completely and 100%.

LOL.

I'm not apologetic!

And I'm being forced to explain it over and over, which should not be me sounding like anything. I don't bring it up, or revel, or anything, I'm just trying to be completely clear and black and white, consistant, and honest.

So, again. I don't sound apologetic cause I'm not. I'm not defending my abuse because I can't. I'm not excusing myself for it because there is none.