Prayer Request

Well all, I have never done this before but I am asking for some help please.

This morning a good friiend got into a head-on collision and is in critical condition. Almost every bone in his face has been broken and he is bleeding from the ears and has not regained conciousness all day. The doctors are not optimistic at this time and are saying the next 36 hours are extremely critical.

Please say a prayer if you remember, it will mean a lot.

On a happier note my brother and his wife just had their first child Sunday morning....she was born 7 weeks early and is in premie care until they verify she can survive on her own. She is doing great and there are no issues so far so we are very happy for them.

As of last night the pressure on the brain had decreased and they were going to perform an open-skull surgery to remove some of the blood clots that had formed. The Doc also made his family stop talking to him since it was causing his blood pressure to rise, which is a positive sign they said.

Thanks everyone again!!

The put in a stomach tube for feeding and a did a tracheotomy so he can breathe on his own without the machines. They have reduced the sedation but will not try to wake him up for a few more days or possibly a week. He has a very long road ahead of him but at least he has the road to travel now.

Every bone, from the forehead down was shattered in his face. The doc said that is the reason he lived. The shattered bones allowed his brain to swell more and that saved the pressure buildup and possible brain failure.

• 2 weeks later...

He is still in a drug-induced coma. They do not want to wake him up until they absolutely have to at this point. His jaw is wired shut now and he is breathing on his own.

They lower the sedation each day and give him subliminal commands. He has followed them all so far; from raising his legs and arms to coughing and moving fingers and toes.

I am organizing a golf outting now to help him and his fiance over the next year or so. If anyone is near Lansing, Mi and wants to enter an outting it will be near the end of July and around 75-100 per person. It will be 18 holes with a cart, dinner and prizes afterwards as well.

Thanks again everyone for all the prayers, it has truly helped.

Total Est. Time:  4 hours, 3 minutes Total Est. Distance: 250.10 miles

Get me the details and I'll look at my schedule. If I can find someone to ride over with me, I'll give it serious consideration.

If its around FragFest i might be able to go too...I have the days before and after off and would love to join the cause and play some golf...if I cant make it I will give a few bucks to someone who can make it...

Gunny

Thanks guys, I will have the details this week once I get the final prices and dates from the course. I will have the website up later this week with details as well and will post it once I figure out how to get a domain name for free again (just have to accept 1000 spam messages a week haha).