my ban on bugs

Dennis

i would like to discuss his length of ban in here please. i had just come into the server when i heard bugs say "f*** that bull****" to me that is a perm ban for a reg. they should know better. now of course step will be sticking up for him and has talked to me and sanders and i was thinking maybe i was a little harsh on the perm ban but if you guys dont think i was wrong then should we leave the ban?

Well theres a couple of things I agree with for both of you and a couple I don't. I realise yes, he is a regular. He should know the rules. Joke or not. This brings up the whole "cleaning" of the server thing that Fatty brought up. The only thing I don't agree with for you Dennis is the perm ban. Maybe just a good day or two.

Anyways way to keep the server "clean" Dennis. Keep on their butts.

Was it over mic, or just typed like that?

If it was just typed...no biggie. If he said it over mic... it should be no less than week! No lesson really learned if its just a day, or at the very least...tell him next time it will be a very very long ban if it happens again.

Secondly....can someone (ban forum mod) please warn step for butting in on something that isn't his busniess? He's dont this before.

i agree with a week. Hes not in the forum saying sorry...hes just saying that you are wrong...

lol, then he says he'll let the people decide, as if the people actually GET to decide. and then step says...no biggie, i'll just have sanders unban you. :bang: lol. ban 1 week i say...hes a reg, he's played in trop for more than a week.

if he would have said i'm sorry it slipped or something like that, then i could see a day ban...

I also dont like Bugs response to the situation. He made a mistake and did not step up to it. This shows he is not a mature person. Id keep him banned for a week just because of his lack of maturity.

i hope you don't mind, but i kinda explained to Step, i don't know why, what was going on. if my post is incorrect in any way please change it.

why he is putting up a fight for bugs, and not bugs himself? but anyways...i tried to put it simply, without too much depth.

Dennis, let me say first, good job, I applaud your concern and action for cleaning up the server. I personally haven't had much time to play lately, so I'm not personally aware of what state the server is in at the moment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember us perm banning everyone until they came to the banned forums and pleaded their case or apologized.

I definately agree with the one week banning....I think maybe this might be a good time to come up with a protocal if you will, of what will happen to repeat offenders. Maybe a three strikes and your out program or something, I don't know.

As far as his apology goes, I'm with BigShaw, doesn't seem to sincere to me. I think he still feels like HE is the victim here. For that, I say keep the ban at least a week. I wouldn't drop the ban until he comes back, after the initial week obviously, and asks with some sort of tact to be allowed to play in the server again.

thank you guys for supporting me on my action, i think im a pretty good guy to get along with but i feel that the rules should be upheld. thanks again for your support guys on this.

gg.

how's this riding out?

The time is finally over where I'm somehow involved in every single ban....the instant AIM message when someone would get banned, etc. It's a relief, and it's important for gc as a whole.

Nice work.

oh, PS. You're exactly right about other people butting into conversations e.g. step. Just delete the posts.

The topic has been closed for a bit. No big deal, cuz bugs wasn't one to come back and raise a stink. He'll ride it out. He's still a kid, can't expect much more than a simple apology really. Hope noone holds that against him.

I woulda just lifted the ban if he came in with an apology in the first place. Forgiveness can go a lot longer than a stern "rules are rules".

I'll assume the X man took care of it.

By the way, in response to

Forgiveness can go a lot longer than a stern "rules are rules".

I'd say, in these cases with these youngsters, until they understand responsibility and can actually verbalize an apology, rules should be rules. But yes, when the fellow comes in and takes responsibility right off the bat, we usually do jump in and forgive (basically rewarding the behavior for others to see).